Help!

[bm...]

The head throbbing is only on the left side and behind my left eye, it feels like it will never settle down. Along with the heart palps. Does anyone know of this will calm down!? Is this normal for over 2 weeks off!?

My heart racing lasted about 3 months. I had benzo related headaches off and on for about a year. Nothing you will experience is near as bad as the first month of withdrawal. Your baseline will just keep getting better and better after that, aside from some setbacks, which always get better.  ;D

My heart won't stop racing and head won't stop throbbing!!! When will this die down?

Panic attack symptoms vary from person to person in duration, but this approach to breathing helps relax (the link is below).

Man, get ready to experience a lot of weird stuff in the next month or two. You really, really need to learn to convince yourself that those symptoms are harmless. I KNOW it is a lot easier said than done though. When we come off benzos, most of us have ZERO coping skills due to use of the drug. The first few months, I had every symptom in the book. I remember I could be walking and one side of my body go completely numb and I could barely talk, just like having a stroke. Really scary.

One day you are going to look back at this and be amazed that you got much better. Keep pushing. Congrats on being benzo free.

When we come off benzos, most of us have ZERO coping skills due to use of the drug.

This is the hardest part of coming off them. Easily.

When we come off benzos, most of us have ZERO coping skills due to use of the drug.

This is the hardest part of coming off them. Easily.

Yea, I remember when walking outside was just too much to deal with.

The burning, shaking, heart racing calms down?

Yes bnwzw. It all calms down eventually. This is temporary. I know it's frightening but try to keep telling yourself it's part of the process and temporary.

However, if at any time you grow very concerned, a trip to the doctor might help. She can rule out other things. That often makes some people feel better.

There can't be an illness that causes all these symptoms?

I was at mayo clinic a year ago in MN and I was in cold turkey withdrawal from ambien and Clonopin, I stopped the meds cold turkey, had similar effects but worse. Had 1000 of tests and they didn't find anything. I just want to know that this infCt withdrawal and that this will all settle down and I can live a normal life like I did years ago. I do have slightly elevated blood pressure 140/85 but I know that couldn't cause all these horrific symptoms!

Its just so sad that we must go through this..It has been a very scary past 8yrs for me..It took me a long time to learn..I have been to so many hospitals crying out for help,begging for help...Here is a short list of hospitals Ive beend admitted to..John Hopkins,Mercy Medical.Gettyesburg,Hershey,Hanover,Frederick Memoral...I always left in worse shape than I entered..Why?I did have things wrong with me..But after they were taking care of..I still hadnt delt with my benzo problem..I was so sick..Wanted to hurt myself..Crying out to God..I lived off of Gatoraid for 3 months...Doctors cared about me.Wanted to help me..They just didnt understand about benzos..Never once did any doctor say they could be my problem..Its just horrible..I thank everyone on this bb..I listened to you..I feel with all my heart you saved my life! I will never forget that..I do get better everyday..Set backs yes..But the healing is just remarkable...VERY BIG THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE!

There can't be an illness that causes all these symptoms?

I was at mayo clinic a year ago in MN and I was in cold turkey withdrawal from ambien and Clonopin, I stopped the meds cold turkey, had similar effects but worse. Had 1000 of tests and they didn't find anything. I just want to know that this infCt withdrawal and that this will all settle down and I can live a normal life like I did years ago. I do have slightly elevated blood pressure 140/85 but I know that couldn't cause all these horrific symptoms!

Considering that you just stopped klonopin, it is highly likely that what you are experiencing is withdrawal.  Of course no one over the internet can say for a fact that every sensation you experience is withdrawal.  If your main concern right now is if your current sensations are due to withdrawal, your best bet would be to get more tests done.  If they cannot find anything wrong then it is probably safe to accept this as withdrawal and just do your best to endure the symptoms during your recovery with the help of everyone at this forum.

I don't understand, last week I was better then I am this week and today I'm at my worst! The left side of my head is throbbing and tingling, my skin is burning so bad that I have chills.

Is it possible you have the flu? Do you have a fever?

I had chills when I made some very big cuts. I felt like I had the flu but no fever.

This doesn't get better in a straight line, bmw. It waxes and wanes.  We have to learn to roll with the punches. I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time.

The rollercoaster ride of benzos seems never ending..One day I'm up feeling so much better,just to go back down the next day..My symptoms get lighter,they dont last as long.Some go away for a short time..I just take it one day at a time..Try to go with the ups and downs for now..If I think it is serious I will go to the doctors..But my crazy symptoms are just crazy..Dont make sence..Cant put my finger on anyone thing.Its all over,keeps moving around..But I do feel so much better than benzo hell!Hang in there with the rest of us..Time does heal..You gotta believe that

While none of us can tell you over the internet that this is 100% for sure withdrawal, it is an incredibly classic symptom of withdrawal and would be my primary suspicion, especially if you have no other health concerns at the moment.

Btw, because this is so common, a great deal of us are on beta blockers to keep our heart rate under control.  Whetheter you want medication or not to control your heart rate, you should definitely discuss what is happening to you with your doctor.

Best wishes.

:)

I had the heart palps for a while after w/ding. But we are all different. They did not scare me one bit. But I've dealt with anxiety a lot in my life as it is, so I'm kind of used to it. People who fear heart attacks etc. will fear those palps.

They are annoying, but remember, they can't harm you. You could go run 1 mile right now and your heart will beat no faster and will not stop beating. =)

Here's one thing YOU SHOULD DO THOUGH.

When a symptom brings on anxiety... unnecessary anxiety... Make an appt. with your Dr. and he will give you a clean bill of health. I promise. =)

I remember last year I was having chest pains, I couldnt differentiate the feeling... if it was my chest bone, muscle or heart. I wasnt too worried about it, and have had heart palps many many times in my life and never worried about those, but this was more of a pain... so I thought I'd have my Dr. check it out. i'll admit it was giving me some anxiety.

My Dr. listened to my heart and said it sounded great. Even though it was beating fast. He also said I was probably just having muscle spasms in my chest. Not a big deal. He also looked at my finger nails. He said "this is a great test to help you calm down if you think youre having heart issues... what you do is look at your finger nails, press down on them and they should turn white, and when you let go they should go back to pink slowly. If it does this, it means your heart is doing its job. =)

Obviously don't ignore crazy s/x like extreme chest pain and arm pain, b/c that's sign of a heart attack obviously. =P

But I can almost promise you it's just w/d my friend. =) Mine did it too! Mine started like a day or so after I got to ZERO... and it probably lasted 3-4 weeks? But it left!!! Never had it sense! =)

IT DOES GET BETTER! Read my blog if you want. It might help you feel a bit better. Also, you know what else may help is calling a nurses hotline. Do you have one in your area? Most hospitals should have it. You just call and talk to a registered nurse on the phone, explain your symptoms and she'll ask you questions and see what she thinks.

If she thinks it's best you go get it checked out for peace of mind, then go do it. =) It will make you feel better. =) Promise. Hang in there, and AGAIN, IT DOES GET BETTER.

That 1st 2-3 and even 4 weeks is the toughest in my opinion. =) You're half way to 4 weeks free buddy! Yay!