Benzo Withdrawal Is Like . . .

[...]

Here is the challenge:

Type in once sentence an "analogy" or statement that best sums up what it is really like to be in the worst of benzo withdrawals.

Kian

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [jr...]

• [Lo...]

• [Lo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Benzowithdrawal is like watching yourself go insane while being completely sane. 

cdawg

I like that one.  I'm still trying to think of one.  I haven't had a good sleep since I can remember. 

Being in the bottomless pit while scratching at the walls trying to decide if you want to hold on or let go.    OR.......HELL!

Being in a very, very dark, lonely place where no one can hear your cries.

I also like the quote by Stevie Nicks........ " Benzo withdrawal is like opening a door and being shoved into hell."

OK, here is one of mine...

Benzo withdrawal is like having the most intense desires and will within to do many things combined with the absolute inability to do them.

Benzo withdrawal is like having a demon that is trying to extract the soul from your body while you are suffering from the worst hangover imaginable.

Just to keep it balanced:

Benzowithdrawal is like cramming the spiritual growth of 100 lifetimes into one.  :)

cdawg

I see some truth in this.  It may very well be the worst thing and the best thing that has ever happened to me as strange as that may sound.  It has helped me to be honest with both God and man.  It has shown me my true frailty and has shed so much light on the true condition of my heart as far as what has been revealed (things that I am conscious of).  It has stripped off many (notice I did not say ALL) layers of my onion of pride that resides within the depths of my heart.  It truly is a death to self in many ways....it's almost like this journey through hell is actually saving me from hell, but only time can tell.

It's like having something so unbelievable no one relives you.

but I really belive.    go well cheers. Wal

That says it all m8...

Benzo w/d is a hell where you go mad and all your demons come and get you just as fast as you can think them up. ~Apropos, Anne Rice.

Benzo withdrawal is like having a demon that is trying to extract the soul from your body while you are suffering from the worst hangover imaginable.

My defense when reading this?  To laugh to keep from crying. 

Benzo w/d is a hell where you go mad and all your demons come and get you just as fast as you can think them up. ~Apropos, Anne Rice.

Good one :)

Some of these have been scary just to read.  Here is a change of pace...on a lighter note.

Benzo w/d's - you can't leave home with them, and you can't leave home without them. :-\

:laugh: Kian! :laugh: Oh how true!....T2

I know benzo withdrawals is no laughing matter, but this thread was starting to scare me.  Who started this thread, anyway?  :oops:

Being in a very, very dark, lonely place where no one can hear your cries.

I also like the quote by Stevie Nicks........ " Benzo withdrawal is like opening a door and being shoved into hell."

I agree with Stevie. Her story actually inspires me 'cause she took Klonopin 8 years and detoxed off it. She took a lot of it, too and yet, she doesn't say what many of her symptoms were.. she highlights a few. A year later, she did a performance with Cheryl Crow. I'm sure she didn't walk out happy and healthy but she seemed to get it together quickly. She has been off  since '94.. so she's more than healed.

Billy.