Author Topic: muscle and joint pain  (Read 2036 times)

[Buddie]

Re: muscle and joint pain
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 05:40:20 am »
I believe many people in benzo w/d get misdiagnosed w/ fibromyalgia because the symptoms are similar. I can't find the link again but read somewhere about benzos causing connective tissue damage and tearing of muscles. After the anthrax attacks many people were r/x cipro. Instead of 10 days 30 days and this caused crippling permanent joint and muscle damage. www.earthclinic.com ( fibromyalgia/cures) [...]

Hi [...]

The problem with the "fibro" diagnosis is that fibromyalgia is NOT an inflammatory disease. I spent quite a bit of time on fibro forums in the past year and these people are not dealing with inflammation as the root cause of their symptoms, which is why anti-inflammatories (steroids,NSAIDs) are not considered treatments for fibro.  During my time on those fibro forums I did not feel those people's pain, I did not relate to their mindset, their meds, their description of their pain,...and I believe the reason for that is because those people are dealing with pain caused by different issues, NOT inflammatory issues.

Once I found the polymyalgia rheumatiaca (PMR) forums, I knew that I had found the folks that were speaking my language. These people KNEW my pain, my symptoms, my mindset, what helped, what didn't. I'm not saying that those of us in benzo wd who are dealing with longterm chronic pain and stiffness have polymyalgia rheumatica, but I do believe this diagnosis is MUCH more closely related to what we are describing here on the benzo forums than fibromyalgia/. Polymylagia rheumatica is an inflammatory condition of the muscles affecting mostly the neck, shoulders, lower back, and hips.  Unlike fibro, where the pain is  nonspecific to certain areas and tends to move around alot, PMR pain is very much focused on the neck, shoulder, and hip region--pain, inflammation and insane sitffnes...sound familiar??? ???

I believe, from my own and others benzo withdrawal chronic muscle pain experiences, we are dealing with inflammation, systemic inflammation caused by the severity of our withdrawals.  The problem is, standard treatments such as longterm  NSAIds and steroids are harsh for the normal person, and obviously moreso for those having been thru benzo withdrawal.

So what's the good news? There are natural ways, such as the diet I followed, that may very well tackle the inflammation, and possibly even better and faster than drugs can, with obviously fewer/no side effects.

Please, I encourage anyone here dealing with longterm pain issues caused by their withdrawals to read my posts in this thread:
http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=44666.0
and consider going on this diet strictly for 3-4 weeks.  And also those who are just beginnning their withdrawal to try it as well, to hopefully mitiigate the damagte that the withdrawal is doing to their bodies, long before I did. I just don't want others to suffer as much and as long as I did.  There has been discussion in the past about the inflammatory effects of withdrawal as being at the root of many of the wd symptoms--I so wish I had paid attention to that before and looked harder sooner into what I could do about it thru natural means such as diet, because beleive me I have suffered badly with the pain and due to the increasing pain was getting close to the point of losing everything that I had fought so hard to keep during the first year of my withdrawal., when I finally learned about and started this diet..

[...]
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 06:00:00 am by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2012, 05:54:12 pm »
I believe many people in benzo w/d get misdiagnosed w/ fibromyalgia because the symptoms are similar. I can't find the link again but read somewhere about benzos causing connective tissue damage and tearing of muscles. After the anthrax attacks many people were r/x cipro. Instead of 10 days 30 days and this caused crippling permanent joint and muscle damage. www.earthclinic.com ( fibromyalgia/cures) [...]

Hi [...]

The problem with the "fibro" diagnosis is that fibromyalgia is NOT an inflammatory disease. I spent quite a bit of time on fibro forums in the past year and these people are not dealing with inflammation as the root cause of their symptoms, which is why anti-inflammatories (steroids,NSAIDs) are not considered treatments for fibro.  During my time on those fibro forums I did not feel those people's pain, I did not relate to their mindset, their meds, their description of their pain,...and I believe the reason for that is because those people are dealing with pain caused by different issues, NOT inflammatory issues.

Once I found the polymyalgia rheumatiaca (PMR) forums, I knew that I had found the folks that were speaking my language. These people KNEW my pain, my symptoms, my mindset, what helped, what didn't. I'm not saying that those of us in benzo wd who are dealing with longterm chronic pain and stiffness have polymyalgia rheumatica, but I do believe this diagnosis is MUCH more closely related to what we are describing here on the benzo forums than fibromyalgia/. Polymylagia rheumatica is an inflammatory condition of the muscles affecting mostly the neck, shoulders, lower back, and hips.  Unlike fibro, where the pain is  nonspecific to certain areas and tends to move around alot, PMR pain is very much focused on the neck, shoulder, and hip region--pain, inflammation and insane sitffnes...sound familiar??? ???

I believe, from my own and others benzo withdrawal chronic muscle pain experiences, we are dealing with inflammation, systemic inflammation caused by the severity of our withdrawals.  The problem is, standard treatments such as longterm  NSAIds and steroids are harsh for the normal person, and obviously moreso for those having been thru benzo withdrawal.

So what's the good news? There are natural ways, such as the diet I followed, that may very well tackle the inflammation, and possibly even better and faster than drugs can, with obviously fewer/no side effects.

Please, I encourage anyone here dealing with longterm pain issues caused by their withdrawals to read my posts in this thread:
http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=44666.0
and consider going on this diet strictly for 3-4 weeks.  And also those who are just beginnning their withdrawal to try it as well, to hopefully mitiigate the damagte that the withdrawal is doing to their bodies, long before I did. I just don't want others to suffer as much and as long as I did.  There has been discussion in the past about the inflammatory effects of withdrawal as being at the root of many of the wd symptoms--I so wish I had paid attention to that before and looked harder sooner into what I could do about it thru natural means such as diet, because beleive me I have suffered badly with the pain and due to the increasing pain was getting close to the point of losing everything that I had fought so hard to keep during the first year of my withdrawal., when I finally learned about and started this diet..

[...]
[...], thanks so much for the info, I'm reading about your diet and will give it a try. Are what we're feeling inflamation or is it nerve pain in the muscles and around the joints. When i think of inflamatory disease i think about swelling and fluid around joints. What I feel is not inflamation but tearing of muscles that moves around. A week ago I was stretching and felt something pull in the middle of my back. It has moved around up and down my back and is now shooting pains down my r elbow. It seems to ease up and then bam it's back and hurting worse than ever. This is really weird to me.
It can't ever hurt to diet in benzo w/d and for just personal health. The right diet can cure almost any ailment. PLEASE check out this link www.earthclinic.com  ( ailments/fibromyalgia/cures) and tell me what you think. I have been researching fluoride poisoning in psychotropic drugs. You may really have the cure for this. [...]
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 06:09:36 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 12:28:53 am »
Your post sort of scares me. I'm having muscle tension everywhere. I'd hate for it to be kidney issues. This muscle tension is a normal thing, right?

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 12:48:25 am »
I feel like I'm a 80 yo too!!

Me three!

I feel older, and I think I even look older than when I first started this journey. People have told me I have more gray in my hair.  :(

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 12:50:00 am »
Your post sort of scares me. I'm having muscle tension everywhere. I'd hate for it to be kidney issues. This muscle tension is a normal thing, right?

Perfectly normal.  I wouldnt worry about a thing.  ;)