Heart feels like its going to beat right out of my chest!!

[so...]

It's a bad day for me. In the past 30min my heart began to beat so hard that it feels like its going to come out of my chest. My hands/feet are cold/numb and tingle.  A monster headache just hit me I g with some pretty bad chest pain. I've been to the ER 3 times in the past year for this exact type episodeepisode.  I'm at work and everyone keeps asking me if I feel ok so I'm guessing it shows.

I've had that symptom a lot.  Since you've been to the ER, I imagine they've done EKG's and such.  If everything checked out (mine did -- three times also), all you can do is wait it out.    Food seemed to trigger mine sometimes.

I seem to struggle with this one too. I went off xanax ct about a month ago and was doing better all the way up until a the last few nights when my heart rate & BP started raising again. I thought I was into smooth sailing but looks like that may not be the case yet. Last night was so horrible I was sweating and have achy arms and body. I had to take a sliver of a 1 mg pill probably less than .20 mg to see if that would calm my heart down which it did and I nodded off to sleep for a couple more hours. I probably need to go to my GP just in case and may need to get something for the BP. I think food may also trigger my elevated BP too. I guess I'm just afraid that my heart won't calm down on it's own one of these times. 

I've had that symptom a lot.  Since you've been to the ER, I imagine they've done EKG's and such.  If everything checked out (mine did -- three times also), all you can do is wait it out.    Food seemed to trigger mine sometimes.

I still struggle with this at 13 months off.  But --- since I'm recently off my beta blocker, my symptoms might be a bit more exaggerated.  However, I have been off the beta blocker for over 2 months.  But, I've learned beta blockers are also nasty to get off for some people. 

And food definitely increase mine.

My heart and BP have skyrocketed the last 12 hours and I didn't sleep at all last night.  I see some of you were on a Beta Blocker.  I want to try and get an RX for one for some relief, but am still taperning and am concerned about w/d from that too in the future.  What if i only took it a couple times a week to sleep and calm down?

It's a bad day for me. In the past 30min my heart began to beat so hard that it feels like its going to come out of my chest. My hands/feet are cold/numb and tingle.  A monster headache just hit me I g with some pretty bad chest pain. I've been to the ER 3 times in the past year for this exact type episodeepisode.  I'm at work and everyone keeps asking me if I feel ok so I'm guessing it shows.

A pounding heart is normal during this process.. It will definately go away... alot of bb have it here so you know what it is... you will be fine.. Take care

mishi

A pounding heart is normal during this process.. It will definately go away... alot of bb have it here so you know what it is... you will be fine.. Take care

mishi

Hey mishi --

Any idea on how long?  I've had it creep back up, but it might be the beta blocker withdrawal for me... But that's been over 2 months since I tapered from it.

• 1 year later...

Old thread, but would like to see if this sx improved for anyone. I have bad pounding heart, tachycarida upon minimal exertion, shortness of breath, and dizziness. Ive had 2 full cardio work ups and they found trace mitral valve regirgitaion (sp) but they also told me its too minor to cause sxs. They told me everything is normal on multiple occasions, yet cant give me an answer why i am feeling this way. heart sxs in wd are the scariest of all! I would love to know if this subsided or improved for any of you.

KM

Old thread, but would like to see if this sx improved for anyone. I have bad pounding heart, tachycarida upon minimal exertion, shortness of breath, and dizziness. Ive had 2 full cardio work ups and they found trace mitral valve regirgitaion (sp) but they also told me its too minor to cause sxs. They told me everything is normal on multiple occasions, yet cant give me an answer why i am feeling this way. heart sxs in wd are the scariest of all! I would love to know if this subsided or improved for any of you.

KM

Had these symptoms long after my last dose of Klonopin.  It was intermittent, but these episodes didn't stop until probably 12 to 14 months off Klonopin.  Then it got better.  Not over night, but it got better slowly and no longer gives me problems.  I, too, went for extensive medical testing.  All which was "normal."

I had "thumping heart" for about 6 monthes, maybe 7, not to scare anyone. It would come and go, and was related to anxiety. It began to get better about two monthes ago. Being on a beta blocker seemed to help. God, it used to worry me! Id be lying in bed, listening to my heart pound. Very scary, but I survived.

east