Author Topic: Tapering off Ativan Support Thread  (Read 539032 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Tapering off Ativan Support Thread
« Reply #10280 on: July 01, 2021, 01:01:41 am »
[...],

I found the end of my taper to be the most difficult and took several long pauses to give myself time to stabilize. I too had a desire to keep marching on no matter what. Now Iím glad I took the long pauses. Eventually my symptoms lessened and my last dose was very anticlimactic. Patience, acceptance, and absolutely believing I would heal - eventually - were game changers.

[...] this helps,
[...] [...]

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #10281 on: July 01, 2021, 01:28:23 pm »
[...],

I found the end of my taper to be the most difficult and took several long pauses to give myself time to stabilize. I too had a desire to keep marching on no matter what. Now Iím glad I took the long pauses. Eventually my symptoms lessened and my last dose was very anticlimactic. Patience, acceptance, and absolutely believing I would heal - eventually - were game changers.

[...] this helps,
[...] [...]

Thank you so much [...]! I have recently discovered they the issue [...] the compound oil I have. When contacting another pharmacist, the oil [...] not soluble therefore cannot always be accurate.

Do you mind me asking what your formula/ingredients are since you handled the transition so well?

Thank you so much!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #10282 on: July 02, 2021, 11:01:53 pm »
[...],

I used Propylene Glycol because I needed to avoid alcohol, and it was compounded at at compounding pharmacy. I donít want to give the exact formula because Iím not good with small numbers. I spoke directly to the pharmacist and he asked what the tablet equivalent I needed to convert and he figured it out for me. There are some other threads I think on here with buddies who can help you with the math.

I [...] this helps!

[...] [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #10283 on: July 11, 2021, 08:47:42 pm »
Hi there. 
Came across a women on facebook who [...] trying to wean off of .7 mg Ativan and a small amount of cymbalta.  She tried to cross over to valium with bad reactions.  She currently [...] going down every 2 weeks by 10% and [...] bed ridden and suicidal. 
I told her 10% maybe too fast.  I also told her to stop weaning the cymbalta.
With Ativan's short half life, what would the best way be to wean off.  Water Titrate or dry cutting... are both methods ok with Ativan.  I'm more versed with Klonipin so I wanted to as our more experienced Ativan users.  Thank you!! :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #10284 on: July 11, 2021, 10:19:08 pm »
Hello [...],
Nice of you to reach out to help another.  10% every 2 weeks was way too much for me. I learned that the hard way early on. But some on here have gone that fast ok.  I am extremely slow in this last of my taper.   Dry cutting, or liquid [...] a personal choice. I've seen success with both.  I began on a compound liquid at about .8 as cutting pills was not for me. 

Hugs
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #10285 on: July 12, 2021, 01:36:58 am »
Hello [...],
Nice of you to reach out to help another.  10% every 2 weeks was way too much for me. I learned that the hard way early on. But some on here have gone that fast ok.  I am extremely slow in this last of my taper.   Dry cutting, or liquid [...] a personal choice. I've seen success with both.  I began on a compound liquid at about .8 as cutting pills was not for me. 

Hugs
[...]

[...],
So glad you are having more good days then bad...so [...] for you!!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #10286 on: July 12, 2021, 09:08:10 pm »
Thanks [...] :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #10287 on: July 17, 2021, 04:28:09 pm »
Hey guys! Hoping for a little advice or encouragement. I feel worse than I have in a long time.

I kept going back and forth to liquid oil based compounds. I could never fully stabilize and felt like I just kept getting worse.

I switched back to pills on 7/2 with a slight updose (I had to due to pill weight, etc.)

I immediately started feeling better (flu like symptoms went away) but itís been very up and down. I decided to cut on 7/12 from .24mg to .23mg (4% cut) and this week I have felt pretty terrible. Iím thinking maybe I shouldíve held longer after switching back to pills?

For the last couple of months, my fatigue and brain fog has gotten worse and worse and feeling physically sick. In the beginning I had more anxiety, etc. but was able to function because I had energy/not many physical symptoms. These physical symptoms are starting to get debilitating. Fatigue/exhaustion/lethargy, some stomach upset, brain fog, canít sit in the heat without feeling like Iím going to pass out.

I guess what Iím getting at [...] - do you think this fatigue/physical symptoms are from all of the changes and inaccurate dosing with the oil compound and switching back and forth? Or [...] this some sort of tolerance Iíve hit? How do you know if youíre in tolerance or [...] that unlikely in my situation? (Low dose, short term). Iím assuming this [...] not the Ativan side effects making me feel this way since I have stabilized on them before and they never gave me these physical symptoms but I donít know  :-[ I did have a med setback about 1 1/2 months ago to an antibiotic but I felt that improve over a week or so. Although never completely stable.

I heard itís best to hold until you have more good days than bad. This last cut, I didnít do that and Iím thinking I just need to hold and stabilize. I did big cuts in the beginning and have had a really hard time with the liquid and stabilizing.

I would do anything for some stability and some of this crushing fatigue to subside.

I also have a big work change coming up so Iím trying to hard to get to a good place before that. I have barely been able to work from home (laying down while working!)

I made an appointment for bloodwork next week to see if Iím low in vitamin D or anything.

I donít know whatís best to do but desperate for stability.
Thank you all so much!

Also - my diet [...] completely clean. No sugar, no gluten, no caffeine, clean ingredients. I changed my diet about 4 months ago. Crazy because I feel worse physically on the diet than before the diet! Hoping itís just all of the changes with the dosing and Ií[...] stabilize soon.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 04:33:22 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #10288 on: October 11, 2021, 07:36:31 pm »
I took A 2-3mg a day for 3 weeks and did a quick 1 week taper (I didnít know you were supposed to taper slowly). Itís been over 3 weeks since I got off and Iím having acute symptoms that wonít let up.

[...] it too late to reinstate? Or should I just hold on?

[Buddie]

« Reply #10289 on: October 11, 2021, 08:07:59 pm »
Congratulations on getting off Ativan.  If it were me I would hang on.  It will get better and you're [...] since you were off.  Reinstating might not help and you'd be starting over.  It can be much harder the second time.