Author Topic: Coping self-talk  (Read 32936 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Coping self-talk
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2014, 07:14:49 pm »
The self talk helps - I repeat the items as I am doing my walk in my house every day. I also self-talk about the future - I am getting better, I have made progress, etc.

That's great news[...]. It really helped me too.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2015, 04:34:39 pm »
Thanks so much, will print a few copies and will leave them where I can see them!!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2015, 07:45:59 pm »
Thanks so much, will print a few copies and will leave them where I can see them!!

:thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2015, 03:53:41 pm »
The problem with my anxiety is anger. When I "self-talk" I become the prime motivator for WWIII. I began taking xanax 27 years ago for a panic disorder. Before I developed the panic disorder, I never thought of myself as an angry person. I would get angry, yes, but it was "justified". This is "free-floating" anger with no focal point. I am not angry at anything specific, but I could turn Cinderella into a story of vengeance. I don't know where the anger is coming from, or what purpose it serves. It certainly isn't helping my withdrawal from xanax, not when I can turn Nirvana into a battleship.

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2015, 08:49:16 pm »
Hi Ineasy2,

The problem with anger is that it can feel very satisfying sometimes so there is some payoff to feelings of anger.

Certainly during withdrawal anger is something that crops up. In fact, I know during my own withdrawal I would feel anger at nothing in particular. There were times I didn't recognize myself.

Have you considered therapy? There might be something in your past that is feeding this "free floating anger". It might be worth looking into. It must be difficult to live with anger 24/7. I'm sorry you're feeling this way.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2015, 04:39:19 pm »
I needed to see this today. Thank you!

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2015, 04:41:19 pm »
I actually do fear that I will die before I'm able to get off this crap. I'm not getting any younger ( as no one is also) but with the time that this will take, it's not unrealistic.

I expect I'll be titrating (if I can get to that point) for a very long time. Just has to be that way.

So, while I have and am experiencing some real sx, I dont think the sx will take me. But time may before I can ( if I can) be benzo free.

It's the simple truth.

I was thinking this this morning. I have been having a very bad wave this month. I had bad anxiety last night and today. I was lying in bed thinking this this morn. It's like every day, we wake up hoping that it will be the day where we will feel better. When it's not, we are discouraged. We [...] tomorrow will be the day. But this morn, I was thought, "What if I'm living for tomorrow to feel better and I die before then?" I know it's morbid. But, I've been plagued with intrusive thoughts since last night.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2015, 05:13:00 pm »
I wrote the quoted portion 4 and a half years ago. Kind of a surprise to see it posted again now.

And I just happened to look at this thread since it just popped up on my "list of replies."

Well, here it is, over 4 years later, and believe it or not, I just started on my taper in January 2015.

For me, that thought wasn't an intrusive one at all. It was realistic. There are good reasons why this took so long to get started including that I had to hold on the full dose for a year because klonopin is a crossover for me and not the original benzo.

And I am titrating and will be for a good while. It still does have to be this way, and it's still the simple truth.

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2015, 02:15:55 am »
I printed the quote and framed it. I put it where I can always see it. It has been helping me.

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2015, 02:07:03 am »
[...],

I'm glad that what I wrote gives you comfort and helps you.