Gabapentien or not? Anyone try it?

[Me...]

My taper starts AGAIN soon.....this my third time....i suffer from the more serious mental symptoms

Depression. Depersonalization. Audio and visual Delusions. suicidal thoughts. Self harm  and on an on

Im just curious if I should try gabapentien or not. 

I know it has its own withdraws simular to benzo w/d

whats your guys thoughts and expereiences

NOT. I was put on Gabapentin in detox. I had a hell of a time tapering off it later in my benzo withdrawal. It was awful. I also think it slowed down my healing process. But now i am 100% med free. and on my way to freedom...      -Jacob

I was taking Gabapentin before I started my Klonopin.  The withdrawals from Gabapentin were (and still are) very bad for me. They are the same as the symptoms you describe and it's possible that if the Gabapentin does relieve your symptoms now, it could be short term and you will feel them far worse when you need to stop taking it. I also feel that my benzo withdrawal has been prolonged because of the Gabapentin withdrawal. I would not recommend taking it. The symptoms of depression can be very hard to deal with, but they do pass in time. I have felt pretty desperate at times, but have held back from taking any meds, however I know how self harm can in itself become an 'addiction' and having lived through it, would now always advocate seeking professional advice. Perhaps your doctor can help you with something short term, something other than a benzo or the Gabapentin.  I hope you find something that will help relieve your suffering without adding to it.  Best wishes.

Taff

I went to detox 2 weeks ago and they put me on remeron gabapenton and buspar, i had to separate them all to see what is happening, I have now been off valiuym for 2 weeks c/t from 4 mg, the buspar i stopped on day 9 today being day 14 and today i want to stop the neurontin, i take only 700 but i feel more anxious i think, terrible disassocaition, depaersonalization and overall feel like crap, the insomnia hasnt given up, i would carefully weight it out, i hope to be med free , if i can stand it, soon

spk

I was taking Gabapentin before I started my Klonopin.  The withdrawals from Gabapentin were (and still are) very bad for me. They are the same as the symptoms you describe and it's possible that if the Gabapentin does relieve your symptoms now, it could be short term and you will feel them far worse when you need to stop taking it. I also feel that my benzo withdrawal has been prolonged because of the Gabapentin withdrawal. I would not recommend taking it. The symptoms of depression can be very hard to deal with, but they do pass in time. I have felt pretty desperate at times, but have held back from taking any meds, however I know how self harm can in itself become an 'addiction' and having lived through it, would now always advocate seeking professional advice. Perhaps your doctor can help you with something short term, something other than a benzo or the Gabapentin.  I hope you find something that will help relieve your suffering without adding to it.  Best wishes.

Taff

I am taking 300mg as needed for sleep even though it doesn't make me drowsy I seem to sleep better when I take it.  However after reading these posts about the w/d problems from it I think I'll go without now because I certainly don't want to prolong this process any longer than have to and don't want another w/d to deal with.  My docs assured me it isn't habit forming so I took that to mean there wouldn't be any withdrawals associated with it.

[0f...]

I was put on 900mg of Neurontin after rehab and it did NOTHING to relieve any of my w/d symptoms. It also made the mental fog worse. I wish you the best of luck.

Hang in there.

Much healing, elocin