Fingertips are always wrinkled

[Ca...]

I don't know if this has anything to do with withdrawal, but I have noticed in the last month or so that my fingertips are always wrinkled, almost like they have been in water for a long time.  I just wanted to know if anybody else gets this?  It has me a little worried because I haven't been able to eat much for a few months now, and I'm wondering if it could a nutrient deficiency of some kind.

I have been posting lately a lot about my GI issues and I believe anything is possible in withdrawal.  When my GI stuff is flared, my middle fingernails on each hand hurt.  I don't know how to explain it, and I would never tell anyone this, one because it's just mostly weird, and two my family just wouldn't understand.

Withdrawal brings on many food sensitivities which in turn can cause deficiencies in vitamins, nutrients, electrolytes, and other things.  I have found that heavy metals is also a possibility, but I think that mostly affects your fingernails.  It is possible that the ends of your fingers are totally being affected by something going haywire from withdrawal.  But as you know, like other symptoms, in time this will change too.  Try not to be afraid, I've had such unbelievable things during all this, and as long as it didn't hurt, I just looked in amazement and waiting until it went away.

I was just mentioning this to my husband yesterday.  The pads of my fingers look like I have been soaking them in water for days.  He said, "have you been cleaning?'  HA HA!  Uh, no.  Then I thought it might be another weird fibro symptom.

I'm happy to see this post...my imagination was running wild!

Donna

My fingertips were wrinkled as you describe long before I ever took a benzo.

The issue for me was a vitamin deficiency.  Vitamin D in my case.  Deficiency in the B group of vitamins can also cause skin conditions.  Most of those are usually in or around the mouth, however.

It's worth a trip to the doctor for at least a vitamin D level check.

My fingertips were wrinkled as you describe long before I ever took a benzo.

The issue for me was a vitamin deficiency.  Vitamin D in my case.  Deficiency is the B group of vitamins can also cause skin conditions.  Most of those are usually in or around the mouth, however.

It's worth a trip to the doctor for at least a vitamin D level check.

I'm pretty sure I'm deficient in at least one b vitamin.  I always get cracks in the corners of my mouth.  I'll be glad when I can take supplements again.