6 days benzo free

[ms...]

I ended my taper off xanax 6 days ago and this is a bittersweet week for me! Twice I have wanted to take one just to ease the tension in my body but somehow I have been able to work through it, my agoraphobia is terrible and my husband has to drive me to work :( but I refused to be bound to my house!!! I am happy though because my panic attacks are less severe than before so that is wonderful be blessed everyone and keep the faith! I have dropped to my knees a many a day and I know I will get through!

Congratulations!  :yippee:

My anxiety is FAR less now that I am off of Benzos as well.  Hang in there...it can be bumpy (for some), but things DO improve and amazing times are ahead!!!

All the best,

Schatje

Thank you for the encouragement! I'm trying sooo hard! I keep having severe cramping and pain in my left shoulder and under my arm did you have any of these or know someone who has I keep thinking something may be wrong.

These are the early stages so some physical issues are to expected so try not to worry about the shoulder and arm. Monitor them over the coming days and if you feel you need to soo a doctor, then go, but I'm willing to bet they'll fade fast. Good on you for getting out and refusing to be stay home. Facing the world can only be a good thing. I mainly want to crawl under my duvet and stay there but I am also getting out and at day 21, it is getting easier to do so.

Massive congratulations on getting off. That is an awesome Xmas present for yourself.

Thank you GazTop I appreciate the encouraging words I am learning not to push myself and Congrats to you as well! I can't wait till my first month!  Happy holidays!

Hi,

I am also recently benzo free, I wish they had not put me on other stuff but i was in bad shape when they cold turkeyed me at 4 mg in a detox. Now i am 10 days out, they bad shape was insomnia, now i am taking remeron as needed for sleep and each night i have taken some, will try to sleep on my own tonight, merry christmas and congrats

spk

Thank you GazTop I appreciate the encouraging words I am learning not to push myself and Congrats to you as well! I can't wait till my first month!  Happy holidays!

Hi SPK, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your sleep, I was fortunate that at the end of my taper my sleep pattern slowly returned on it own I go to sleep around 11 and wake up between 5:30 and 6:30! compared to mini naps here and there but at first no sleep at all more like a wired/crash/burn cycle. I hope that you are able to be completely drug free one day the only other drug I take is Lotrel for high blood pressure that is caused from withdrawal, but I can deal with that. Try to enjoy the holiday as much as possible!!!!!!!

You will get better.  Know that ALL of these crazy symptoms are from the drug and your body healing itself.  When you get a weird symptom tell yourself it is your body healing and imagine the GABA receptors in that area relearning their work.  Send them love; tell them they are going to heal.  Then you can let go of the worry and continue your healing!! 

You can get through these times.  Find some good coping skills; use this BB; find a friend/family member who is willing to learn about this process with you who you can talk to when you need help.

Best wishes .... you will heal.

XOX