Ears and Nasal congestion

[mr...]

Hi all,

My mom gradually started having a plugged nasal area after having a cold in January and her left ear started plugging off and on after cutting lorazepam dose from 1mg per day down to .5 mg per day.

Then in May thru July, her ears were clear, but the nasal congestion was still there after taking doxcycline.

She was on levoquinne for only 4 days in June (cause I found them and threw them out. She started having the tendon rupture and I cured it with colloidal silver)

In August, both ears were plugged and the nasal congestion was still there.

Here ears and nasal sinuses are still plugged and she has been to 2 ENT's, had 2 CT scans, and sinus scope with NO problems found except parasinusitis which just means inflammation or thickening of the all the sinuses. She also, has inflammation, red eye, in her right eye with no relief from eye meds since November.

She tapered the lorazepam again December 13th down to .125 mg per day.

Has anyone had this and if so, did it eventually go away once benzo free?

Thanks in advance,

mrtmeo

Look up neti pot. I use it for nasal congestion, it is a natural way to clean your sinuses. Works well for me,and will not cause any harm if it doesn't work. Good luck.

Look up neti pot. I use it for nasal congestion, it is a natural way to clean your sinuses. Works well for me,and will not cause any harm if it doesn't work. Good luck.

I have tried the neti pot with colloidal silver and it does come out the opposite nostril.

There apparently, is no blockage except some nerve response telling her brain that there is a blockage.

The ENT did say she may have Eustachian Tube Dysfunction and lorazepam is listed as having this side effect.

I just found out that quinolones reset the benzo recepters pushing one into a c/t withdrawal.

This maybe what happened to my mom because she took Levoquin back in June 2011 for about 4 days before I found them and threw them away.

Then, she took an entire schedule of moxifloxacin the first week of November.

This must be why she is doing so horribly.

She is down to 97 lbs, has no appetite, feels she can't breath due to nasal and ear congestion that has no physical cause, has an ulcerated right eye and right arm pain that gets worse with exercise.

Anyone else ever take a quinolone while on a benzo?

• 2 months later...
I now have horrible conjection like never before. It is so bad, I might have to start medical leave finally.  Everything else seems to be good though.  To note: This is my underlying condition for which i was given this medicine in the first place, so not only has it returned but with rebound effects even worse than before.  After everything I've been through - now this. I can't believe it. I'm suprised it happened so late in withdrawal.  I have been to 5 ENTs in the past, they are all jerks.  Something with this profession, I don't understand.  I'll be going for my 8th nose surgery on Tuesday.  URGH!!!!!!!!!!

I now have horrible conjection like never before. It is so bad, I might have to start medical leave finally.  Everything else seems to be good though.  To note: This is my underlying condition for which i was given this medicine in the first place, so not only has it returned but with rebound effects even worse than before.  After everything I've been through - now this. I can't believe it. I'm suprised it happened so late in withdrawal.  I have been to 5 ENTs in the past, they are all jerks.  Something with this profession, I don't understand.  I'll be going for my 8th nose surgery on Tuesday.  URGH!!!!!!!!!!

I, too, have not seen an ENT worth my time, but there must be good ones out there.

My mom's plugged ears has been with her since April of 2011 and the ENT's found nothing.

Benzo's do some crazy things to the body and not enuf research has been done to figure out why.

anyone know how long the damn ear noize after benzo stop are going to last?my 7 mounth now...

Everyone is different, but my mom's plugged ears has been going on since April 2011 and is just now getting on and off better, the way it started coming on.

Hers started after tapering.

I hope yours just drops off soon.

Update 2 months off lorazepam.

Mom's ear plugging and congestion comes and goes and is gradually getting better.

Before, it never changed and there were no windows at all.

Have you tried any antihistamines? I didn't see any mentioned? High histamine levels can cause the symptoms your mom is experiencing. Acid reflux can also cause also cause ear issues. I hope she is healing.

I'm pretty sure your mom's ears being plugged up are the results of the benzo's and other meds she was on. These withdrawals from Valium that I was put on have plugged up my ears pretty bad. I'm 90% deaf in one ear and have a lot of on and off plugging in the other, but can still hear fairly well in that one. I do think your right in suspecting a dysfunction of the Eustachian tube or middle ear area due to rebound from the benzo's.

Have you tried any antihistamines? I didn't see any mentioned? High histamine levels can cause the symptoms your mom is experiencing. Acid reflux can also cause also cause ear issues. I hope she is healing.

She had bee so plugged feeling that she talked like she was all stuffed up.

She saw 3 ENT's and they couldn't find anything.

She has tried a nasal antihistamine and it didn't do a thing.

Recently, she has been able to get large, very thick, like glue, clots out of her nose and they are kind of brownish.

She says she feels clear after getting those out, but I cannot understand why the ENTs couldn't see anything.

I'm pretty sure your mom's ears being plugged up are the results of the benzo's and other meds she was on. These withdrawals from Valium that I was put on have plugged up my ears pretty bad. I'm 90% deaf in one ear and have a lot of on and off plugging in the other, but can still hear fairly well in that one. I do think your right in suspecting a dysfunction of the Eustachian tube or middle ear area due to rebound from the benzo's.

I think u right because it all started with on and off plugging during her taper and ended up completely plugged since 6/2011.

They have just started unplugging like the beginning.