Author Topic: Ears and Nasal congestion  (Read 919 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Ears and Nasal congestion
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 02:34:30 am »
anyone know how long the damn ear noize after benzo stop are going to last?my 7 mounth now...
Everyone is different, but my mom's plugged ears has been going on since April 2011 and is just now getting on and off better, the way it started coming on.
Hers started after tapering.
I hope yours just drops off soon.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 02:14:00 am »
Update 2 months off lorazepam.
Mom's ear plugging and congestion comes and goes and is gradually getting better.
Before, it never changed and there were no windows at all.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 11:12:36 am »
Have you tried any antihistamines? I didn't see any mentioned? High histamine levels can cause the symptoms your mom is experiencing. Acid reflux can also cause also cause ear issues. I hope she is healing.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 02:18:41 pm »
I'm pretty sure your mom's ears being plugged up are the results of the benzo's and other meds she was on. These withdrawals from Valium that I was put on have plugged up my ears pretty bad. I'm 90% deaf in one ear and have a lot of on and off plugging in the other, but can still hear fairly well in that one. I do think your right in suspecting a dysfunction of the Eustachian tube or middle ear area due to rebound from the benzo's.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 02:20:35 pm »
Have you tried any antihistamines? I didn't see any mentioned? High histamine levels can cause the symptoms your mom is experiencing. Acid reflux can also cause also cause ear issues. I hope she is healing.
She had bee so plugged feeling that she talked like she was all stuffed up.
She saw 3 ENT's and they couldn't find anything.
She has tried a nasal antihistamine and it didn't do a thing.

Recently, she has been able to get large, very thick, like glue, clots out of her nose and they are kind of brownish.
She says she feels clear after getting those out, but I cannot understand why the ENTs couldn't see anything.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 02:22:19 pm »
I'm pretty sure your mom's ears being plugged up are the results of the benzo's and other meds she was on. These withdrawals from Valium that I was put on have plugged up my ears pretty bad. I'm 90% deaf in one ear and have a lot of on and off plugging in the other, but can still hear fairly well in that one. I do think your right in suspecting a dysfunction of the Eustachian tube or middle ear area due to rebound from the benzo's.
I think u right because it all started with on and off plugging during her taper and ended up completely plugged since 6/2011.
They have just started unplugging like the beginning.