How can I create a liquid suspension using Ora Plus w/ Klonopin?

[ch...]

Hi,

I'm tapering off my final 1mg of Klonopin and I've been having problems using milk. How could I prepare a suspension for removing 0.5ml a day with Ora Plus?

Thanks!

Ora Plus manufacturer's instructions states that Ora Plus (or Ora Sweet) can be diluted with water up to 50% and still maintain its suspending properties.

Info on Ora Plus:  http://medicalfs.com.au/portal/images/stories/Orarange/Ora-Plus-Sell-Sheet.pdf 

Clonazepam 0.1 mg./ml suspension:  www.nationwidechildrens.org/Document/Get/78767

You may wish to speak to your pharmacist in the event you wish to change the concentration of your suspension in order to verify your calculations.

• 7 months later...

Has anyone done the micro tapering with Ora Plus and clonazepam? 

Does anyone know of the most efficient way to do this w/o using a ton of Ora Plus.  The stuff costs just under $25.00 a bottle.

Kian

• 10 months later...

I just did a quick cost calculation assuming:

20 mg/day valium to start

1% reduction per day

using a syringe good to 0.1 ml increments

1 ml:1 mg suspension using $25/16 oz liquid

assume that the closest dose total is taken per day--that is, to the nearest 0.1 ml

In the first 30 days, you would be using $25.70 worth of suspension (or possibly less, if the claim that it can be diluted up to 50% is true) and would be down to about 15 mg/day.  Maximum dose error assuming perfect conditions (basically that you are taking the correct dose at the 0.1 ml mark), defining error as the difference between the dose you take and the exact 99% decay curve, appears to be 0.3%.

• 1 month later...
im new here but not heard of anyone titrating using propylene glycol instead of milk or water as benzos are insoluble in water pg can be bought on ebay for 2£ per 200ml 1ml holds 10mg valium if I remember right that's pharma grade too and doesn't go off like milk etc or settle like water , if not fleabay then try any e cig supplier :)

• 1 year later...
I'm going to start a taper for klonopin.  I contacted a compounding lab, and they told me that they would be using Ora plus.  I was told by an online help organization that if I decide to have my medication compounded into a liquid suspension, make sure that they know how to do it using an oil base, as these medications are fat soluble so water or other ways do not work.  Since Ora plus is mixed with water, I called the manufacturer and was told that you don't want to put it in oil because you don't want it to dissolve, you want to suspend it.  This is very confusing.  Has anyone successfully used Ora Plus with klonopin for a taper (I get the feeling from other posts that the answer is yes)?

Yes, Ora Plus is a suspending liquid made for this very purpose.  You can even buy it yourself.  It will work with any drug.  It is water-based and that is fine as when a drug is suspended it does not need to be dissolved so don't worry about the oil.  I never used it, but am aware of two past members who used it without problems.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks.  This is very confusing for a non-pharmacist.  I did talk to one that compounds klonopin.  He uses oil because it doesn't degrade as it does in ora-gel.  (It looks like the degradation is small, but since I'm tapering at .025, even a little may make a difference.)  I'm going to talk to my doctor tomorrow.