How can I get Relief from the Head Pressure!

[bm...]

So I'm sticking with .375mg of Clonezepam and I have decided to hold. But the head pressure is starting to kick in among many other things. Is there anything I can do!? Excedrin Migraine? Or is this part of the process???

Thanks guys.

I wish I knew.  I don't take much for it for fear of making it worse.  Seeing a good chiro has helped me a bit, and massaging my head on my own with my fingers.  It's kind of one of those sx I have to wait out.

Hello Bmwzw,

I saw your question about head pressure and put together some information that might be helpful. This is a withdrawal symptom and there are some helpful ideas in the last paragraph of Ashton’s info. I sometimes take a Tylenol.

I am the type of person who seeks to know what is happening and why, it brings comfort to me. I hope it does the same for you.

“The Accidental Addict” by Di Porritt & Di Russell, 2006

Head

“Almost all suffers describe some sort of head symptom: pain, pressure, strange sensations as well as ‘electrical activity’. These symptoms are particularly terrifying because they strike at the core of a person’s control.”

Headache and pain and pressure

“This pain is not like an ordinary headache. It is often much more severe and lasts longer. There are blocks of pain which throb, making heads feel heavy, and constant dull aches as well as tight bands of pain. “

“There was so much pressure in my head I felt I needed a pressure valve to relieve it.” “As if someone had a balloon inside my head and was pumping it up, then letting it down.”

"The Ashton Manual" by Heather Ashton, 2002

BENZODIAZEPINE WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS:

INDIVIDUAL SYMPTOMS, THEIR CAUSES AND HOW TO DEAL WITH THEM

Muscle symptoms. “Benzodiazepines are efficient muscle relaxants and are used clinically for spastic condition. It is therefore not surprising that their discontinuation after long – term use is associated with a rebound increase in muscle tension. This rebound accounts for many of the symptoms observed in benzodiazepine withdrawal. Muscle stiffness affecting the limbs, back, neck and jaw are commonly reported, and the constant muscle tension probably accounts for the muscle pains with have a similar distribution. Headaches are usually of the “tension headache” type, due to contraction of muscles at the back of the neck, scalp and forehead – often described as a “tight band around the head”. “

“None of these symptoms is harmful, and they need not be a cause of worry once they are understood.”

“There are many measures that will alleviate these symptoms, such as muscle stretching exercises as taught in most gyms, moderate exercise, hot baths, massage and general relaxation exercises. Such measures may give only temporary relief at first, but if practiced regularly can speed the recovery of normal muscle tone – which will eventually occur spontaneously.”

I hope this is helpful.

Summer

My head pressure simptom, which is pretty much gone, was relieved by antihistamines.  Once I took a cold medicine, Sudogest, and that really cleared it up, but I think that is too strong for those of us in withdrawal.  I then used zyrtec or benadryl.

Paresthesia

Towards the end of my recovery the head pressure and pain was one of my worst symptoms that would not let up it lasted months and the only thing that seemed to relive some of the pain was ice packs ... Hope this helps       

I did desilou everytime i was laying down felt like i was on the rocking boat and dizziness it was awful thought someting horribly was wrong but it passed and never came back

I get the pressure on the right side of my head. It starts at the shoulder, goes up the neck, over the ear and settles behind my eye. At the worst point of the day, it not only makes me a little dizzy, but also very nervous as well as making my concentration next to zero. It is very disturbing.

Head pressure for months here.  I never took anything for it though.  I refuse to take any meds now since my benzo disaster. 

The only thing that I did that helped was putting ice on the spot that had the most pressure.  I helped relief it and calm it a bit.  Other then that all I did was wait it out.  Seemed like an eternity.  I still get the pressure at times.  But no longer consistent for months at a time.

It will eventually leave. Unfortunately, nothing really worked for mine. I kept alternating Tylenol, then ibuprofen, then every now and then id try a Zyrtec... not much relief. But massage helped! The less thought you give it, the less power it has sometimes. Just in my experience. Hope you feel better soon. You will! =)

I have had terrible head pressure.  It feels like a tight band around my head.  I learned of an alpha stim CES device that I borrowed from my sister.  It takes my headache away.  Some social workers and therapists use it in their practice to relieve anxiety.  You can check it out on the Internet or on YouTube.  It is the only thing that has helped me and I am not putting anything in my body.

I have been having head pains and pressure for months! Started with the head pains last year..sharp and shooting..now that comes and goes..but the lastest thing is the temple pressure, eye and nose bridge pressure, and head banding pressure..this just starter for me about a month now...smh

Chiropractor and massage helps dramatically. I also had hearing loss and ringing with the pressure.  That all virtually went away after some chiro & massage visits.