Sensitive teeth that really hurt, and a fluttering feeling on one side of face..

[Me...]

Anyone else get this, it drives me mad!

It's like there's ants crawling on one side of my face (the left, I'm right handed) and I also get severe heartburn. I have heartburn anyway, and have to take 40mg of Omeprazole daily (quite a high amount) because I suffer from severe gastric reflux.

But the sensitive teeth, oh boy, OUCH!! The pain is literally driving me loopy, I sometimes laugh out loud for no reason and go crazy, its very weird. I can't sleep either because of it sometimes.  >:(

And yes, I brush my teeth at least once daily intensively using sensitive teeth toothpaste (at night), sometimes twice if I remember but because in the morning I'm so braindead I often forget to.

I've had the sensitive teeth for about a week now as well. I have worse symptoms then that though. Insomnia is the worst for me at 1 month c/t free.

hello Messed Up,

I have sensitive teeth too. It sometimes affects my sleep and eating. I have found using home fluoride treatments to be helpful. It may be worth talking to your dentist about home fluoride treatments. I have found it reduces the sensitivity quite a bit. I have been going through this for so long about 2 1/2 years and have used fluoride treatments regularly. I also added a toothpaste with 1.1% sodium fluoride and tri-Calcium Phosphate. I brush my teeth at night with that, spit it out but don't rinse. I also wear nightguard. Part of this may be from the clenching and grinding of our teeth that cause some of the nerve sensitivity in our soft tissue like the gums as well as the teeth. That may be worth looking into with your dentist as well.

Being on benzo's or tapering from them can cause dry mouth. Fluorite is known to help reduce sensitivity and also protect our teeth from cavities.

I'm not sure this would help you. But it's been very helpful for me.

Summer

I had sensitive teeth for about 5 months and then that symptom went away.  It returns once in a while, but only briefly and not as painfully. 

Paresthesia

I have very bad teeth pain, I so feel for you, it is so hurtful,mine has been going on for over 2 mos.

I use Sensodyne toothpaste, and dentist has also coated teeth with something or another, sorry

cant think what it was, some kind of sealant is all i know. It did not help one bit, so sorry for your

pain,I hope yours will leave soon.  Wished i had more advice to help with this nagging, awful pain.

Hang on this is not permanent, is my only advice, which helps none.  Just so sorry you are experiencing

this.

Peace and Blessings for you

Yes I have had what is described as trigeminal neuralgia on my left side: over stimulation of the nerve that controls the eye, ear and jaws on either side of the face. For me it's been the left side. So painful I've nearly lost my mind. It was a mystery to my dentist as to why I had it altho it is a valid diagnosis but generally termed idiopathic. I still have varying degrees of it and it does interfere with eating. I now know it's from a too fast taper of Xanax.

I have had jaw pain off and on for months but it has just been the past 3 months or so that I started getting tooth sensitivity. Sitting here right now sipping a cold drink and I have to pay attention to where the liquid goes or it will send me up a wall. I know it is wd because it only comes around when I am feeling other symptoms.

The tooth and jaw pain, accompanied by the  burning sensations and metallic taste in my mouth were terrible.  I think it lasted about 5 weeks.

As far as the acid reflux, I never had it until i was on Ativan.  A couple of months after i went c/t it went away, and has not come back.  It was definitely related to benzos.

I never had sensitive gums or teeth until benzos. I notice that when mine is at its worst is when I have my tongue pushed hard against the roof of my mouth and am clenching my teeth. On those days my symptoms are bad.

I also have the metallic taste a good portion of the time, along w/burning skin, intense muscle tightness from knee to foot, and this dental pain on my left side. These are currently the most predominant symptoms I consistently have. I also attribute this to w/d from Xanax as there are multiple body systems involved. It is easy to panic (and I have from time to time), and rush to the dr to get medication/advise/treatment for all this, meanwhile running up huge bills, and adding to the medication list.

My husband often feeds into this as he gets worried and wants to do something. Since these problems have an ebb and flow so far for me (altho I usually have them to some degree), I just do some "self talk" and continue on hoping this all does have some finish to it just like there was a beginning.