Clonazepam/Klonopin and lack of nail growth ?

[li...]

This has been going on for years. I think it's somehow related to my use of the drug clonazepam.

I have no idea how it works, I could theorize and have done so, but what's the point ?

My nails barely grow. This is not normal. Before I started this drug I didn't have this issue.

Taking a calcium/magnesium/zinc/iron supplement in moderate/high doses (RDA) can cause visible nail growth in less than a day !

Has anyone experienced anything similar ?

I don't live in the USA and we don't have commercial healthcare so it's not as if I can just go to a doctor and ask for specific or elaborate tests without a good cause.

For some time when I was taking a high dose I experienced some hair loss. I have no idea if that's related.

A bit off topic, has anyone experienced abdominal convulsions ?

That's just what I call it, I don't know if that's accurate. There is no pain or nausea. It's not a case of obvious tonic-clonic or myoclonic seizures, but muscle constrictions (and the opposite), more or less fluid in my abdomen and to a lesser extent the rest of my body.

Till a couple of months ago, I never thought of this as convulsions/seizures.

The minute i started withdrawing off Temazepam my nails stopped growing.  I also have two nails that are lifting and weak. Three off my nails have black stuff under them that is hard to clean out has its right down the nail. :'(

The minute i started withdrawing off Temazepam my nails stopped growing.  I also have two nails that are lifting and weak. Three off my nails have black stuff under them that is hard to clean out has its right down the nail. :'(

Again, for me my nails have almost stopped growing since I've been on a high dose of clonazepam. For a long time, anyway. No change during the taper.

Now that you mention the black stuff ... right now I have that under one nail .. a couple of days ago under two or three nails.

Very strange. I think I've had that before, not sure when or how.

I've used temazepam (though never daily for weeks or months) and I wonder if I may have experienced that with that drug. I can't use temazepam now because it simply doesn't work.

Once you've had a nuke like clonazepam the hypnotics generally stop working.

Im still suffering with the black stuff under my nails the best way to deal with it is to keep cleaning it out.  My nails are improving slowly and getting a bit stronger.  It is definately the temazepam withdrawal that is causing it im nearly at the now. :idiot: