A strange symptom I don't see discussed much (hair and skin issues)

[wy...]

Let me start by saying that part of the reason this bothers me is because I have always had VERY thick, curly hair my entire life. I am 33 years old, and it was extremely thick and appeared "normal" even as recent as last winter when I started these meds.

In January I started Ativan generic and was also put on Buspar for a short time in February. While on both meds, I noticed when I would brush my hair or wash it in the shower, clumps, yes, actual CLUMPS of my hair would out in strings in my hands. It freaked me out so much that I shaved my head clean so that I wouldn't even have to think about it or see it anymore.

Now, here we are many months later and my hair is starting to get long again, and the hair in the front near my hairline is SO thin still and looks unhealthy. The texture of my hair is also brittle and just feels so dry and awful. The skin on my face is so dry that even using Skinceuticals (a very good and expensive cream face cleanser I have always been able to use before) drys it out worse and then my face gets a red ruddy complexion like I scrubbed it too hard. I have always had oily skin and hair all my life. This is so strange.

DOes anyone else have strange s/x like this? I read somewhere Buspar can do the hair loss thing, but I have not taken it since March, and if this were just aging, I can't help but feel it would have been more gradual than this.

Will I get my clear healthy skin and thick hair back??? :( :( :(

Yes - it will get better. I lost half my hair (also thick hair) - most of the half fell out over a 4 month period and loads of it became brittle and broke. It all growing back in now (shiny and healthy) - I've been of benzos for 5 months.

Thank you guys for the positive words! Good to know I am not alone, whew!

Fascinating about Stevie Nicks. What a great read. I knew I loved her for some reason. What a fighter!