acute w/d

[e3...]

[e3...]

Hi all...

I jumped from K about ten days ago, I think it was (see my ticker)...and I'm starting to feel some OLD, familiar hell from the c/t that I did...just wondering how long it will take for acute w/d to kick in from jumping. A bit scared and worried b/c I'm traumatized from the c/t that I did and I am not sure if I can handle it getting as bad as it was. In hindsight, for ANY of you who are thinking about reinstating MONTHS out from a C/T...DON'T!! BAD idea. I was better in a lot of ways at 4 months off than I am currently- and now have to do this ride all over again. I was NOT thinking rationally when I reinstated- was SO miserable and suicidal- just wanted OUT of the agony. However, I should've listened to those on here who urged me NOT to reinstate. The taper was traumatic...it's now been 13 months, as opposed to the 4 that I'd put in in c/t...and I could be 13 months off instead of 10 days. I regret this decision quite a bit, but hope that the c/t prepares me for what I'm about to experience w/ this taper.

Anyhow...anyone who jumped from K at home...if you could tell me WHEN your acute w/d hell started after jumping, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Love, ((HUGS)) and healing, lamberfn

[7d...]

I did a c/t from Valium, which has a longer half-life than Klonopin, and I got slammed by w/d symptoms on Day 16. The half-life of Valium is 60-200 or so hours, so by Day 16 more than half of it was out of my system. Prior to that, I'd been jittery and stuff, but things really kicked in at about half a month. They were pretty intense for about six weeks. Only in the last week or so have things seemed to ease up, but only just a little. I'm still having major problems getting some sleep, but during the day the d/p and d/r have pretty much faded.

I know we jumped off different benzos, and I did it c/t while you did a taper. I'd imagine since you tapered (I never had the discipline) your symptoms should not be as bad as when you quit c/t.

Hang in there. You'll be at four months again before you know it...

Tucson

Me on Day 55 of my final c/t:  :idiot:

Hi Lamber,

I really don't think that it will get as bad as your cold turkey.  I pretty much experienced the worst  or acute stage of withdrawl at the end of my taper.  I anticipated it getting alot worse after I jumped off , but it did not.  Yes, I had tons of symptoms but it was never like the CT experience.  That is probably the plus of tapering although it is still a awful experience to go thru.  Just try to relax and know what it is and that it is temporary and will go away. You just need to put some time under your belt and you will start feeling better.  Hang in there.  Ginia

lamberfn, definitly acute here. dp/dr, horrible headache, high bp here. Haven't had these for a year! Yes, we are on the same schedule. Keep in touch friend.

Bear

Congratulations on being benzo free.

The worst for me was first 4 weeks. Try not to think of that period after you c/t. If you feel bad now that not means it will be the same like before. I felt like I am dying in the first few weeks and I was tapering.

Take care

Marry 

hi lamb, been thinking of you and watching your posts to see how you are doing. I did the goofy reinstatment too. But we were in so much pain we would do anything to make it stop. i did so many things wrong. I would have about six months now if i hadn't reinstated for two weeks. if your hand is in the fire "you will" take it out. I know you will make it to the other side. Believe in yourself and soldier through each minute, hour, day until it eases up. i had a bad afternoon but most days are getting better and better. praying for you,rstud

[e3...]

Thanks everyone...just hanging in there for the "ride". Ugh. I think I have MAJOR PTSD from the c/t and I'm TERRIFIED to experience the same hell over again. I hope you're right, ginia, in that the worst will be at the end of the taper in "acute w/d". I keep feeling "remnants" of the c/t- familiar old symptoms- but nothing, as of yet, that's AS severe as before. So, I guess some of it is anticipating the worst. I'm still stuck in my room, in bed, but hoping that will lift soon once I'm out of acute w/d. Just praying that the taper did me some good, b/c I have been at this for 13 months now and I'm not sure if I could handle AS BAD as the c/t ALL over again. UGH...

Hang in there, Bear...keep me posted on how you're doing. I just don't want that "going crazy" crap back!! I'm living w/ my Grandmother and I don't want to scare her anymore than I already have. I have noticed some of the rage coming back...not as severe as the SCREAMING fits that I had in c/t. Sigh...that symptom scares me b/c there were times when I wanted to rage on MYSELF or had urges to hit myself or slam my head into the wall and I don't want that. Man, this is FUN stuff.

Hang in there, friends. Thanks for the encouragement. I hope everyone is seeing some healing.

Love, ((HUGS)) and healing, lamberfn

Hi lamberfn -

I jumped from 0.125 mg K after a 3-month taper. During the first month after jumping, I was able to go to work. That’s when things got worse and I had to stay home. However, even then the s/x were NOTHING like the indescribable suffering I endured after my failed c/t months earlier. It has certainly been no picnic since then (I’m still in the “get through the day” mode.), but it has slowly gotten better. Every day is a day closer for all of us.

eli

Hi all. How long does acute withdrawal last? I know this is not an exact science, but how about an estimate? Weeks, months, years?

Thanks,

Bear

[e3...]

Bear,

MOST ppl I talked to say it was the worst for them for like a month...or 4-6 weeks (HOW CRUEL)...however, when I C/T'ed, I didn't get slammed until about 3 months off. So, it's not an exact science. The fact that we're getting hit NOW is prob better than how things happened to me in my c/t, b/c if you taper, you're SUPPOSED to get acute w/d RIGHT away after jumping.

I'm just noticing A LOT of similar symptoms to when I c/t'ed...the skin burning, room moving, blurred vision, trouble swallowing, breathing issues, feeling on the verge of panic, sweats at night, sensitive to sound, jerking before sleep, jerking awake in fear out of sleep, constipation, lack of appetite...all of those FUN things. I just hope it's short-lived for both of us- maybe a month or so?!!

Hang in there...we're both in this crappy ride together. We'll get through it. ((HUGS)) and healing, Nicole

lamberfn, thanks, hanging on for the ride. Disability sent me a form to fill out. They are taking my permanent disability away. The judge deemed me permanently disabled. With the brain fog I didn't fill out the papers right. How can they say I am no longer permanently disabled? I don't think rheumatoid arthitis is something that can be cured.  It doesn't make sense to me.

Now I have to suffer losing my payment (small amount of money) on top of the withdrawal. And the holidays are coming. My family wants to stay at my house and have turkey dinner. What do I tell my sons new girlfriend about my issues? Do I not tell her and just try really hard to act normal? I feel overwhelmed.

Hang in there lamberfn.

Bear

[e3...]

Bear-

Sorry to hear about your disability. I am working on getting mine to go through now. Sigh. I don't know how long that will take or if I'll get it. I have support from my family members though, so...I am not too worried about it this second. I know it must be hard though, if you rely on that money. Perhaps look into a disability lawyer? Not sure.

As for your children- you might want to send them the Ashton manual? explain to them what's going on w/ you? or see if your husband will do it? Someone needs to tell them. I am having the same issues w/ family. they want to visit, hang out for my b-day, etc...and I'm SOOO messed up, I CAN'T do it. So, I just have to be honest w/ them and tell them what kind of shape I'm in, I suppose. I just hope to get to where i was at 4 months c/t A LOT faster than I was in C/T since I tapered this time, where I could come out of my room. Sigh. This is SO hard and SO unfair, but we'll get there. Just hang in there for the ride as best you can, do positive self- talk, cope as best you know how, try to inform those around you as much as you can about what's going on, distract yourself and get THROUGH. This nightmare, as sad as it is, WILL end. We'll get there.

Sending you love, ((HUGS)) and healing, lamberfn

P.S. Has your panic started to kick in yet? Mine is like ON the verge...sigh

Hi all. lamberfn, my sons know I'm sick. I tried to show my younger son the information. He wouldn't have anything to do with it. He is not willing to listen to anything I say. He just says to stop being sick, stop acting this way, and it's all my fault for going to the doctor. He won't read the information. He says it's all on me, how I act and feel.

Maybe I should sue the doctor for prescribing these drugs inappropriatly. I was told they are not adddictive and that I could just stop them. That's when I got sick, and I didn't know what was wrong. Because of the bad advice, I thought I was mentally ill. I went to the psychiatrist and psychologist and psychiatrict hospital program...of course I didn't feel better. I went every week for ten months. I was considering going to live in a nursing home.  My husband said not to sue because of my very fragile condition now. I do not know where to begin to explain this to my son's girlfriend. They plan to come here and stay here Thanksgiving weekend. I can't cook, shop or clean. I guess my husband will do that. What about when I have a wave in front of her? What will she think? This is all too much for me:  withdrawal, no disability, holiday and company in my house.

symptoms: right now I have just eaten, I have a tightness in my chest. I think it's gerd. It scares me. I will try to exercise, to get better.

Keep in touch,

Bear

Hi lamberfn,

Congratulations on your taper and being BENZO FREE!!!

You are doing an impressive job of controlling your negative thoughts and not spiraling into a full-blown panic attack. 

Would you be willing to share what you do or tell yourself to keep yourself out of the "verge"?

Whatever you are doing, I think it is really awesome!  ((((((((Hugs)))))))))), Laurie

[e3...]

Hi lamberfn,

Congratulations on your taper and being BENZO FREE!!!

You are doing an impressive job of controlling your negative thoughts and not spiraling into a full-blown panic attack. 

Would you be willing to share what you do or tell yourself to keep yourself out of the "verge"?

Whatever you are doing, I think it is really awesome!  ((((((((Hugs)))))))))), Laurie

Thanks for this kind post. I am really not that wonderful at controlling myself. HAHA. I just feel like the panic is there, but not attacking me yet. I have had a few "outburts" and I usually wind up calling someone to talk about my crazy mind thoughts. I also post here, chat, color, play games on my computer, walk...whatever I can do to pass the time. I am sure it's going to get harder and more rough as the time passes...I can just feel the symptoms building and getting worse.

There will be plenty more panic attacks in the future, I predict. I am, as I mentioned, in a worse place now than I was at 4 months post-c/t. I am agoraphobic in my own home to the point where I rarely leave my room. In c/t at 4 months, I was able to watch tv and sit in the living room- so, things are not a whole lot better. I am hoping, however, that I might move faster in recovery after having done this taper, but one NEVER knows. These stupid meds are life-ruining and NONE of us should have to go through this nightmare. It's ridiculous. NO ONE would get away w/ rape, but we were mind-raped and NO ONE has to pay for this except us. It's sad and it DISGUSTS ME. Anyhow, that's my rant for today.

Hang in there, friends. Use your anger to keep you fighting. It's all we can do sometimes.

Much love, ((HUGS)) and healing, lamberfn