What helps..

[Mi...]

I haven't begun my taper for other health issues, but when I am in w/d between doses.. Crying or should I say balling my eyes out help a lot when my anxiety is high. Seems to release whatever is there and I feel the anxiety or panic lift. I may have a little left, but honestly, it helps me.. Even before starting the Ativan. Just want to share this with you all.

I think you have a point, Michelle.  I remember reading about there being a difference between emotional tears and those produced by slicing onions, for instance.  Here's an excerpt from one article that validates what you have experienced:

"Another interesting discovery about the content of tears was made by Dr. William H. Frey II, a biochemist at the St. Paul-Ramsey Medical Center in Minnesota. He and his team analyzed two types of tears: the emotional ones (crying when emotionally upset and stressed) and the ones arising from irritants (such as crying from onions). They found that emotional tears contained more of the protein-based hormones, prolactin, adrenocorticotropic hormone, and leucine enkephalin (natural painkiller), all of which are produced by our body when under stress. It seems as if the body is getting rid of these chemicals through tears. That explains why we usually feel better after a good cry. So, there you go. Cry as much as you want - it is probably good for you. But no cheating by inducing crying with onions. Your tear glands know the difference."

Thanks Beeper! Just wanted to share and if something as simple as crying can help in anyway.. Use it and let it out:) I swear by it and really just figured this out not too long ago. I guess the key is to release. It's like going through w/d.. If you don't fight it, it really can't make it more tolerable or at least a little less horrific. Can you read my post in tapering about surgery and give me your opinion?

Thanks and cheers to healthy healing!

MK

I've found this to be true as well and I'm a 50+ year old tattooed bearded grumpy semi old man. We just have to hide when we shed a tear. During withdrawals, it's all I can do to keep from turning on the faucets while watching sappy TV shows with my Mrs. Some days the withdrawals are enough to bring 'em on. It releases the emotions that are pent up inside us somehow and we feel better.

Thanks Beeper! Just wanted to share and if something as simple as crying can help in anyway.. Use it and let it out:) I swear by it and really just figured this out not too long ago. I guess the key is to release. It's like going through w/d.. If you don't fight it, it really can't make it more tolerable or at least a little less horrific. Can you read my post in tapering about surgery and give me your opinion?

Thanks and cheers to healthy healing!

MK

Sure thing.  :thumbsup: