is anyone else getting bummed out hearing about Michael Jackson's doctor?

[sw...]

I never cared about Michael Jackson one way or the other and wasn't significantly personally impacted by his death, but I've been finding the testimony at his doctor's trial to be really heart rending.  From the sound of it, he doctor shopped and fired until he was able to find a doctor so unethical he was willing to give him *surgical anesthetic* on a nightly basis to help him sleep without any of the necessary monitoring or resuscitation equipment.  Also, they say he was on 6mg of lorzepam when he died which contributed to his death.

I think Michael Jackson was probably an unwitting benzo addict like the rest of us.  And I think that he had a really lousy doctor, like the rest of us, even if he put a lot of effort and money into getting such an unethical quack where most of us don't ever do, and for that matter, trusted in people who we thought were good doctors.

Anyway, all of these vivid descriptions of medical malpractice along with previous descriptions of his total desperation to just get some sleep make me sad.  I hope that this doctor is convicted if the evidence supports it, but I think that there are probably a very long line of people who should be held accountable for their actions, here, and not just this guy.

Being 62, I remember seeing he and his brothers the very first time on tv; I was amazed the talent he had as a young child, as well as his sibilings. So I followed their music, then his... loved it.  Remembered how he was all the years growing up, very normal.  After the Pepsi commercial and his hair caught on fire.... a gradual decline to very severe... I knew he was on some type of drugs.  Oh...now I know,  Benzos.. that's why he became why he became.. but that, plus everything else the docs provided him ruined his life and litteraly killed him.  What a shame, he truly was quite a talented person, and very giving supporting causes.  Pattylu

Love....LOVE....love his music, videos, performances. Mesmerizing. Such talent. Someone had to introduce MJ to propofol. And yes, those blasted benzos. Today, I heard testimony that Dr. Murray could have saved MJ. But he was in such a rush to 'hide' the vials and meds that he left MJ unattended and he died.    :'( So sad

Is the fire when the weirdness started?  I'm sure some of it was already there, but that's probably what started all of the stuff with the pills.  I feel very badly for him, but he was as complicit in his death as anyone else.  I think that if you offer $150k a *month* to find a doctor unethical enough to use surgical anestic on you nightly (and the testimony says at the time of his death it had been nightly for 6 weeks with a long history going back before then) then unfortunately you're probably going to wind up with someone too untogether to do it correctly.

On the side, I think that the defense is wasting it's time on if MJ pushed the last dose of anestetic to himself or not.  There seems to have been such gross violations of medical conduct outside of that that I believe he'll be found guilty no matter who gave him the last dose.  That may be the only area where they have any hope of arguing things, though.

Hi..  He was fine before the fire.  Changes began after and year upon year he became more weird.  Yes the $$$ was his undoing... But by god... The docs were totally wrong.  Why did he have insomnia so bad.. Benzos.  I am going to write a letter to his mother, with a copy of Ashton,s manuel.

Correct! Responsibility must be shouldered by the medical society.  Thanks, pattylu

• 7 years later...

Hi..  He was fine before the fire.  Changes began after and year upon year he became more weird.  Yes the $$$ was his undoing... But by god... The docs were totally wrong.  Why did he have insomnia so bad.. Benzos.  I am going to write a letter to his mother, with a copy of Ashton,s manuel.

Correct! Responsibility must be shouldered by the medical society.  Thanks, pattylu

pattylu, I know it's an ancient topic, but I was wondering if you sent the letter to Michael Jackson's mother?