I have to give a presentation next week

[Ho...]

As if I need even more to worry about, I have to give a presentation on Monday. I have such problems with it. even before I was in withdrawal it was horrible. Normally I would just pop a klonopin but even with that I would still feel panicky. Now I have nothing to lean back on.

I am thinking of taking some Passion Flower (a calming herb) before going up there. I feel like such a weak person, having to tranquilize myself before I can function.

I have to give many presentations this semester. I don't know what to do. What would you do if you had to do this next week? I'm kind of freaking out.... yet again :(

You know that the average person fears public speaking more than death, right? 

Long before I'd even heard of benzos, I had to give presentations or speeches and I would get so nervous I thought for sure I would throw up on stage.  The more I did them, the less nervouse I became but I was never really comfortable speaking in front of a group.  I remember two things I did to reduce my anxiety.  One was to be super prepared and practiced so that I knew the material cold.  I still took notes with me, of course, but often I could just speak because I had practiced so much I nearly had the stuff memorized.  The other thing I learned to do was a virtual rehearsal.  When possible, I would visit the room where I was going to speak, get up on the stage, etc., to get familiar with the physical set up.  Then I would spend time imagining everything about the presentation, from what I was going to wear, to getting to the place, being introduced - just about every detail I could think of.  I "saw" myself confidently presenting the material, taking questions (if appropriate), thanking everyone for their attention and sitting down or leaving the stage.  I did this multiple times to desensitize myself.  If you think it would help, I don't think having some Passion Flower would hurt and it could help at least psychologically.  You could probably find other suggestions on the Internet.  Here's one link I came across that has some of the same things I used to do (so it must be right, right?  ;))

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13555_3-9809573-34.html