bloating in left side of stomach under ribcage

[im...]

i started takin xanax about a month ago and ever since ive been getting bloated and feeling pressure under my left ribcage closest to my stomach i finnally finished my tapering today and didnt take a pill today has anyone had this happen to them?

I have pain under right ribcage occasionally but recently had my gallbladder removed so that could be causing it. As for pressure I don't have that under ribcage.  I had alot of pressure in my lower stomach and just above the hip bones like a band of pressure wrapped around me and very uncomfortable.  That has finally gone away.  The rib cage pain usually comes towards evening for me.  Sorry to hear your uncomfortable but a HEATING PAD helped me alot!  I had bloating in my stomach also but not near the right rib cage.  If your concerned it wouldn't be a bad idea to get it checked out.  If anything it will ease your mind! 

I have had a lot of bloating, but not specifically on one side.  During the last few months of my taper it was almost gone.  As soon as I was off the benzo, it came back full force.  It seems to really disrupt the digestive system.  Hope it is nothing more serious.

imjamesscott,

I have had bloating under my left rib cage and found it was acid reflux.  Certain foods (especially red meats and hard to digest foods) seemed to make it worse.  Of course I'm not suggesting that you have acid reflux.  I am on Klonopin but have noticed that it has slowed down my digestion and decreased my appetite.  Hopefully you GI symptoms will subside now that you're off of benzos.

This is what got me started on my benzo(ativan)..I was carrying stress in my stomach and under my rib cage..My anxiety was felt under my ribs and stomach..I also had a tight band feeling,it felt like I was being squeezed to death...So maybe it is just a stress problem...Im 12 weeks benzo free ..My biggest fear was that this problem would come back...It did come back but not as bad..It only lasted a few days..I still get that feeling off and on but its very light and goes away..Pranayama breathing will take it away...Try it...its easy...Put you tounge up to the back of your front teeth,close your mouth..breath in 4xs through your nose,hold count to 7,breath out through your mouth to a slow count of 8...start by doing this 4xs...after a week you can do it 8xs....do it as often as needed! I got it from my dr andrew weil stress and anxiety cd....I feel it really saved at my worst point of benzo hell...

imjamesscott,

I have had bloating under my left rib cage and found it was acid reflux.  Certain foods (especially red meats and hard to digest foods) seemed to make it worse.  Of course I'm not suggesting that you have acid reflux.  I am on Klonopin but have noticed that it has slowed down my digestion and decreased my appetite.  Hopefully you GI symptoms will subside now that you're off of benzos.

Thanks that made me feel so much better it does seem to act up worse after i eat. it did start after i started takin xanax so im assumin thats it now that im off xanax it will go away and only being on xanax  for a month and a half i hope it goes away fast my doctor also gave me nexium? have you tooken that?

I did try Nexium but had a negative reaction to it.  What worked for me was Aciphex and Zegerid.  I take 40 mg. of Aciphex in the morning and 40 mg. of Zegerid at night (as prescribed by my GI doctor).  I no longer have any problems under my rib cage like I had before.  For me, I think it was the extra acid my stomach was producing when I ate a heavy meal that was hard to digest.