Tapering Alprazolam and Clonazepam

[...]

Been on Benzo's for most of my adult life.  14 day valium taper from up to 6mg Alprazolam and 1 mg Clonazepam at a rehab turned my life upside down and into a living hell for a month before I re-started 1mg clonazepam and 1 mg Alprazolam.  Life was good until tolerance w/d's kicked in.  I want my lfe back.  Started a dry cut taper 6 weeks ago.

Hi joed,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies. I'm sorry you had that experience in rehab, often times programs taper benzos fast. How far are you in your taper plan and what does it look like? We can help support you through this. Have you looked over the Ashton Manual? There is a lot of good information about benzos and how to taper off of them safely. Here's the link to the manual:

www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

We're here to answer questions you may have too, welcome. :)

Hello joed, Welcome!

Can you tell us a little about your taper, we might be able to offer some suggestions if you're not feeling well.  Please know you're not alone, and that we understand how you're feeling, so please ask questions if you have them.

Pam

Staying with the clonazepam and only tapering Alprazolam for now.  Got a lot of help from Benzowithdrawal.com but the site is down.  Don't know if its permanent or just maintenance, but went looking around and found this site too.  I have the Ashton manual and got a lot of help from Phri and Zoe.  My next cut will involve water titration using 250ml and I am going at a pace that is comfortable.  Sx's are not bad at all right now.  May start the next cut in a week.  Like the window I have now.  Only downside is afternoon fatigue and muscle aches.  Ringing in ears is now on and off, not constant.  In this for the long haul.

Anyone know if Benzowithdrawal.com is off for good ?

Thanks

joed

Staying with the clonazepam and only tapering Alprazolam for now.  Got a lot of help from Benzowithdrawal.com but the site is down.  Don't know if its permanent or just maintenance, but went looking around and found this site too.  I have the Ashton manual and got a lot of help from Phri and Zoe.  My next cut will involve water titration using 250ml and I am going at a pace that is comfortable.  Sx's are not bad at all right now.  May start the next cut in a week.  Like the window I have now.  Only downside is afternoon fatigue and muscle aches.  Ringing in ears is now on and off, not constant.  In this for the long haul.

Anyone know if Benzowithdrawal.com is off for good ?

Thanks

joed

Hi joed,

It sounds like you've started on a good taper plan, as you probably already know that Alprazolam is shorter-acting and is harder to taper from directly, so your Klonopin should cover many of the w/d symptoms from the Alprazolam.

I don't know if BW is down for good or not, it would be hard to say.

We can help you with your titration and also give you support for coping with your withdrawal. We've got a titration section, here's the link:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=62.0

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, you will find many friends here.  :)

Rhi

Saw your name on the site and I felt like I found a home again.  Did the other site go down for good ?

This one seems comparable, but I messed you and the advice that has so far....worked very well.  That first cut wasn't too bad.  I had ups and downs and lots of fatigue late afternoon, but yesterday and today have been really good.  Ringing is barely noticeable, slept pretty good last night and had some dreams going on.

I am dosing 4 times a day on weekends using water and its working very well.  Valleys are not as deep.  Next cut will be water and I will try to do it three times a day to start and see how I feel.

Please stay in thouch.  You don't seem like a stranger and your advice is so much appreciated.

Best wishes for a good day..............

JoeD