Tinnitus &/or eye floaters...Do they go away? Honest answers please.

[Ro...]

I am accepting of the physical pain and believe that it will go away. I am also accepting of the mental/cognition problems (at least at the moment as emotions affect thoughts and my emotions sway constantly). I am 99% sure that these things will eventually go away completely, however; I have no idea about the tinnitus and hair like eye floaters that have both developed during withdrawal. I know everyone like to "pretty things up", but I want an "honest" answer please. I am most interested in responses were either tinnitus, floaters or both have "completely" gone away...though other input is appreciated as well.

Thanks, Robb

Yes. I had tinnitus and it's gone now. I had it really bad when I got out of detox. In fact it sounded like a train. We live near a train track and I even had to ask my daughter to look out and see if the train is almost gone because it is driving me to insanity. I was stunned when she told me that there was no train out right now. Once I reinstated my ativan and started crossing over, my tinnitus went away.

Yes. I had tinnitus and it's gone now. I had it really bad when I got out of detox. In fact it sounded like a train. We live near a train track and I even had to ask my daughter to look out and see if the train is almost gone because it is driving me to insanity. I was stunned when she told me that there was no train out right now. Once I reinstated my ativan and started crossing over, my tinnitus went away.

Thanks Ms Kim...mine has seemingly gotten less severe but it ramps up pretty bad sometimes. It is a little disturbing to think something is going away then suddenly comes back. Sometimes I think I am just getting used to it but when I put my head on the pillow...there it is. Then out of the blue...it starts screaming and changing intensity.

Thanks for the reply, Robb

Thanks Ms Kim...mine has seemingly gotten less severe but it ramps up pretty bad sometimes. It is a little disturbing to think something is going away then suddenly comes back. Sometimes I think I am just getting used to it but when I put my head on the pillow...there it is. Then out of the blue...it starts screaming and changing intensity.

I have known people with tinnitus who sleep with the radio on low. If I get it again during my long slow taper, I plan to try this.

Kim

Yeah, I sleep with the TV on and that works unless it starts roaring. Luckily I only have it in one ear. Mine went away at one time for about a week...or at least I didn't notice it.

Thanks again, Robb

I have known people with tinnitus who sleep with the radio on low. If I get it again during my long slow taper, I plan to try this.

Kim

Hi Robb, That was one question I was going to ask :) I am sitting at the computer now with the crescendo of crickets in my head. It's worse at night when things are quiet and you are trying to settle down to sleep. I manage it during the day but find it troublesome at night. Waiting for the day when I am free of my many symptoms. Like the rest say it will ease so each day that passes brings us closer to healing. Hang in there.

Hi, I had all kinds of vision problems including floaters, the floaters are gone. Very high pitched tinnitus that was constant is gone except in the morning. Lasts a couple hours everymorning and doesnt bother me too much.  :)

Hi, I had all kinds of vision problems including floaters, the floaters are gone. Very high pitched tinnitus that was constant is gone except in the morning. Lasts a couple hours everymorning and doesnt bother me too much.  :)

Thanks Coleen.

I am accepting of the physical pain and believe that it will go away. I am also accepting of the mental/cognition problems (at least at the moment as emotions affect thoughts and my emotions sway constantly). I am 99% sure that these things will eventually go away completely, however; I have no idea about the tinnitus and hair like eye floaters that have both developed during withdrawal. I know everyone like to "pretty things up", but I want an "honest" answer please. I am most interested in responses were either tinnitus, floaters or both have "completely" gone away...though other input is appreciated as well.

Thanks, Robb

Robb,

I have had both symptoms.  The eye floaters went away completely.  The tinnitus, I am sorry to say, I still have in my left ear at 22 months off the drugs.  However, it used to keep me awake at night and give me headaches during the day because it was so loud.  Now it is nothing more than a very faint hiss that I can only detect when I am in a quiet room.  It doesn't really even bother me anymore, except for the fact that it is a reminder that I am not completely healed at almost 2 years off.

Sadly for me I had it before the benzo got me.  I just had quite an episode myself!  The loudest I have ever had!  It sounded like there was a non stop cricket full blast in both ears.  I thought this isn't my ears!  I turned the tv up and the ringing got louder so I figured it was the tv.  I left the room and nope!  It was my ears.  It lasted about four minutes and has now gone back to my regular head hum.  I can deal with that.  To me it was just a reminder I am still healing. I won't call it ( as I always have ) an EPISODE any longer.  It is now ME HEALING!  As for floaters I haven't experienced that but I did have flashes of white light that would make me look UPWARDS for a second or two at times.  That did go away.  A fan at night time helps with my ear buzzing.  I wish you the best!

I've had eye floaters for a long time even before benzos. But I think I have noticed a progression of them even while on benzos.. or when weaning in the past.

I'll even have days where I can look at the blue sky, and If I look long enough I can see these "cells" I'd call them? That's what they look like just moving around like crazy in my vision.

And of course the regular eye floaters with different shapes. They can't harm you, so dont worry about them.

As for tinnitus. I've had experiences with it... just ringing here and there in one of my ears but it leaves. This sounds gross, but does anyone have ringing in the ears after they have an orgasm? That has happened to me a lot, and I don't think that used to happen to me before I was on benzos... ineteresting...

Please, someone tell me what eye floaters are. I wear contact lenses and need to know so I can know the difference. Once in a great while my contacts give me trouble. Then I have to take a break from them for a day or so and wear my glasses. Can eye floaters interfere with wearing contacts? Thanks in advance.

After an orgasm oh yah!  That has been happening to me for a couple of years!  Drug free and all!  Now well it doesn't happen because it's hard for the TRIGGER to go off.  But if it does trigger yup my ears go nuts!

I have I the eye floaters that look like little translucent worms, I got them three years ago, I hate them. I don't know if it was after the first xanax use or not. I wish they would go away. Makes me think something is really wrong.

Eye floaters are VERY VERY COMMON. Just google search "eye floaters" and even images, they will show you what it kind of looks like through the human eye.

I'm only 28 and have them, but no issues. COMMON! They come and go!

They cloud my vision when looking at anything, there are a ton in my right eye and a few in my left eye. Just hate looking and seeing a glob  of them blocking my vision. I have looked them up before but I still hate them and wish they would vanish  :yippee:

I have so many floaters in my right eye my eye doc is constantly swiping the light across it to move them out of the way so she can see what she needs to look at. They are common. No biggie to worry about!

Thanks, Robb

Robb,

I have had both symptoms.  The eye floaters went away completely.  The tinnitus, I am sorry to say, I still have in my left ear at 22 months off the drugs.  However, it used to keep me awake at night and give me headaches during the day because it was so loud.  Now it is nothing more than a very faint hiss that I can only detect when I am in a quiet room.  It doesn't really even bother me anymore, except for the fact that it is a reminder that I am not completely healed at almost 2 years off.

Thank you for your honest reply Ryan :) I really do appreciate it brother:)

Please, someone tell me what eye floaters are. I wear contact lenses and need to know so I can know the difference. Once in a great while my contacts give me trouble. Then I have to take a break from them for a day or so and wear my glasses. Can eye floaters interfere with wearing contacts? Thanks in advance.

Hi Miss Kim,

Eye floaters are blind spots in your vision...there are different kinds and are usually caused by a  vitrious (sp) jelly like substance in the eye. They are harmless and somewhat common and contacts wouldn't make much difference with them. they are just a pain in the a** irritation...that is all.

Robb

Hi Miss Kim,

Eye floaters are blind spots in your vision...there are different kinds and are usually caused by a  vitrious (sp) jelly like substance in the eye. They are harmless and somewhat common and contacts wouldn't make much difference with them. they are just a pain in the a** irritation...that is all.

Robb

I forgot to add that mine are like curly black hairs that move as I try to look at them.

Hi Miss Kim,

Robb

Thank you Robb. I hope I don't get them. They don't sound like anything I would want.

Kim

Hey Robby,

I had one eye floater,it was in my left eye. I have not

had that happen again, so yes it will heal, buddy. The

tinnitus, I have very bad, and so I cant really help

with that. I am sending you peace, comfort, and

swift healing my friend. Keep up the good

fight, I know you will and will win.

xoxo Belle

Hi Miss Kim,

You're welcome :), Miss Robb :)

Robb

Thank you Robb. I hope I don't get them. They don't sound like anything I would want.

Kim