teva brand diazapem and a different brand of diazapem which is valium

[mi...]

I have 2 different brands of diazapem which is the valium.  I started on the diazapem which on the pill it said 5mg on the back of the pill... When I filled the next prescription the pill was different and it said teva on it still yellow but a different brand.

Will it make a difference in the way I feel with the medication...

I can't change the prescription I just do not want it to be a difference in the way I feel.

Thank you for your support... alway's

Mishi

Ever so often one of my generic prescription changes manufacturers; it's so annoying. Usually the pharmacist forgets to mention it and I find myself calling to make sure that the script I got was, in fact, the drug I ordered.  :pokey: 

I honestly don't know if you will feel different, mishi.  :-\  The generics are supposed to be the same active ingredient as the brand drug but I imagine they use different "fillers".  Try to think positively and don't go looking for trouble, okay?

I use Teva Brand, it is pretty good...

Take Note: What Brand you start tapering from.. you will need to stick with it.

I tried changing brands while on Klonopin and it didn't work ;)

Hang in there.

I use Teva Brand, it is pretty good...

Take Note: What Brand you start tapering from.. you will need to stick with it.

I tried changing brands while on Klonopin and it didn't work ;)

Hang in there.

Sigma yu are right about the brand.... I have to see if I could get the same brand thank you so much,

Luv

Mishi

Hi Dear Mishi,

I just saw your post.  I totally agree with Sigma to keep with the brand you started out with. The fillers can be different, and even the ratio of drug can vary from one brand to another.

I had the same thing happen with me re: lorazepam.  About midway through my taper I noticed that the drugstore had switched my original brand to Teva.  I phoned and asked them to give me the original and exchanged the Teva brand.  They marked this information on my records but I would still remind them a few days before refilling, because they had to special order it for me...they no longer had my original brand in stock.

I don't think you go looking for trouble...you are being careful about  your well-being and health, and that is a good thing. :)

kat

I haven't had this experience while tapering, but while on a different medication. The pharmacy switched brands, and I noticed that my body's response to the new brand was different than to the old brand. One seemed to work better than the other. I don't know if it was because of the fillers used, or what. Even though the actual medication amount is supposed to be the same, I have heard that with generics, there is a lot of variability in how the medicine is distributed within the pill and how your body responds to one brand over another.

In my case, the pharmacy wasn't getting the old brand back - they had just switched entirely to the new generic. You may have to check with some different pharmacies to make sure you can get the brand you want. Or, in a worst case scenario, your doctor can write an Rx that is for no substitutions, so you are getting the brand Valium, and not the generic, although most insurance companies don't cover that if a generic is available.

Marie