Almost 1 Year Benzo Free

[Ro...]

I haven't been here in quite a while. I was on 16 mgs. of Klonocrap daily. I don't think I could've successfully quit without the help of benzobuddies. Y'all rock!

September 21, 2010 was my last benzo. I was cleaning out some drawers in the bathroom last night. I came across an old pill case. I opened it up and there were some Klonopin in there. There were also some other scripts that I didn't remember what they were. I was able to get rid of the other meds pretty quickly. However, I did hold those benzos in my hand for a little while. I thought about how stressful life is right now. My husband works in Chicago and is gone all the time because we live in Indy. My daughter lives at home, goes to college full time and works full time and she has a one year old baby who I take care of while she's away. (Monday through Thursday I have him from 5 am to 10 pm and I have him for a few hours on Fridays and Saturdays.)

As I held those pills in my hand, my mind wandered to the years of being on the crap, the 18 months of weaning and the last year of dealing with withdrawals. I thought of the things I learned in NA meetings (even "accidental addicts" can learn a lot from NA.) and the things I learned on BB.  Those pills went into the burn barrel with the other trash. It was one of the most freeing moments in my life.  :yippee:

I still have some problems that are probably benzo related. However, I'd rather have those problems than have a benzo! Thank you so much BB for being there when I needed you. This is an amazing site and I thank God everyday that I found you!

Roberta,

A huge shout of CONGRATULATIONS to you!  You have come out the other side of this benzo journey, lived to tell about it, and are now encouraging the rest of us who are still in transition ~ YES!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for showing that in spite of general life stresses, you are able to THRIVE and LIVE benzo free! Your story is priceless to those of us still awaiting that day!  Best wishes to you in you new benzo free, beautiful life!  All my best ~ Sophia

I haven't been here in quite a while. I was on 16 mgs. of Klonocrap daily. I don't think I could've successfully quit without the help of benzobuddies. Y'all rock!

September 21, 2010 was my last benzo. I was cleaning out some drawers in the bathroom last night. I came across an old pill case. I opened it up and there were some Klonopin in there. There were also some other scripts that I didn't remember what they were. I was able to get rid of the other meds pretty quickly. However, I did hold those benzos in my hand for a little while. I thought about how stressful life is right now. My husband works in Chicago and is gone all the time because we live in Indy. My daughter lives at home, goes to college full time and works full time and she has a one year old baby who I take care of while she's away. (Monday through Thursday I have him from 5 am to 10 pm and I have him for a few hours on Fridays and Saturdays.)

As I held those pills in my hand, my mind wandered to the years of being on the crap, the 18 months of weaning and the last year of dealing with withdrawals. I thought of the things I learned in NA meetings (even "accidental addicts" can learn a lot from NA.) and the things I learned on BB.  Those pills went into the burn barrel with the other trash. It was one of the most freeing moments in my life.  :yippee:

I still have some problems that are probably benzo related. However, I'd rather have those problems than have a benzo! Thank you so much BB for being there when I needed you. This is an amazing site and I thank God everyday that I found you!

Roberta what a beautiful story you have.  Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Do you mind if I ask you........how long were you on klonocrap?

Kian

Hi Roberta,

You had me on the edge of my seat when you held the Klonopin in your hand, thank you for throwing it away.  :yippee:  And thank you for coming back to let us know how you're doing, I'm very glad you made it to freedom and beyond, very glad.  :)

Pam

Wow! I'm over the worst of it but still very easily rattled. I got a chill and a half when I read of your opening the pill case and there was the Klonopin. What a relief when I read that they went into the burn barrel. Now if I can get my hair to lay back down!