Help Please Stomach Issues

[...]

I think this is anxiety related which is why I put it here.  Maybe it belongs in the withdrawal section?  Anyone have any input on what can help with a "nervous" or "agitated" stomach?  I get a knot in my stomach and then it gets "nervy" and very agitated creating more anxiety, then I sometimes vomit due to NERVES not really nausea.  Hard to explain.  Any input for some sort of relief would be as gold to me now.  I had to vomit yesterday, and it feels like it's getting worse.  Thank you in advance.

Kian

Hi Kian,

Your thread can fit in either place really since stomach issues are a withdrawal symptom, let me know if you'd like to move it there ok?

I had stomach issues as well, I just tried to keep something in there every couple hours even if it was just a piece of bread. For some reason withdrawal seems to amp up the acidity in our stomachs and maybe that's why it causes a nagging kind of feeling, plus there are receptors in our stomachs too that are healing. Are you restless too? It might benefit you to do some kind of moderate exercise to get rid of some of that anxiety, exercise helped me a lot once I gained some stamina.

Hi Kian,

Your thread can fit in either place really since stomach issues are a withdrawal symptom, let me know if you'd like to move it there ok?

I had stomach issues as well, I just tried to keep something in there every couple hours even if it was just a piece of bread. For some reason withdrawal seems to amp up the acidity in our stomachs and maybe that's why it causes a nagging kind of feeling, plus there are receptors in our stomachs too that are healing. Are you restless too? It might benefit you to do some kind of moderate exercise to get rid of some of that anxiety, exercise helped me a lot once I gained some stamina.

THanks so much Starbird.  It's a gamble on the exercise, but one I am willing to take at this point.  I'm desperate.  No need to move the thread.  True, there are many receptors in the belly.  I heard the other day we have receptors in every part of the body.  That explains why benzo withdrawals can effect every known systemic function in the body.  Exercise will increase Gaba, but the problem is, there is no proper affinity.  All we can do is suffer.  Then suffer some more.  So far the few times I have been able to cry have helped relieve some of the stress.  I wish I could cry every day if it would help.  Maybe I could cry while exercising!  LOL.    :D  Take care.  Thanks for being so kind to me. :hug:

Hi Kian,

SO sorry you are having such a miserable time. My stomach has been bothering me too - acid reflux. It feels like there is constantly something in the back of my throat. Food just seems to stop. I know breads, grains and pasta can be irritating to the gut. I would suggest some clear soups - or something like good old chicken soup. Had some recently and it was very soothing. Is your flu bug head or digestive related. I can't recommend any herbs as that is not my forte, but some herbal tea, caffeine free has been soothing.  I would suggest anything that is soothing, easy to digest and tastes good to you.  That might be a tall order with all the sxs you are having. Hope this helps. You are very sweet, kind, and thoughtful and a fighter. I have appreciated getting to know you in chat and hate to see you hurting so.  We will all get through this - wish we were close enough to hug and squeeze each others hands.

Take care. You are a dear.

Mskanger

Hi Kian,

SO sorry you are having such a miserable time. My stomach has been bothering me too - acid reflux. It feels like there is constantly something in the back of my throat. Food just seems to stop. I know breads, grains and pasta can be irritating to the gut. I would suggest some clear soups - or something like good old chicken soup. Had some recently and it was very soothing. Is your flu bug head or digestive related. I can't recommend any herbs as that is not my forte, but some herbal tea, caffeine free has been soothing.  I would suggest anything that is soothing, easy to digest and tastes good to you.  That might be a tall order with all the sxs you are having. Hope this helps. You are very sweet, kind, and thoughtful and a fighter. I have appreciated getting to know you in chat and hate to see you hurting so.   We will all get through this - wish we were close enough to hug and squeeze each others hands.

Mskanger

Thank you, Ms K.  I feel the same way that you do.  I will take your advice on the soothing foods.  ((hugs))

Kian

Hi Kian,

SO sorry you are having such a miserable time. My stomach has been bothering me too - acid reflux. It feels like there is constantly something in the back of my throat. Food just seems to stop. I know breads, grains and pasta can be irritating to the gut. I would suggest some clear soups - or something like good old chicken soup. Had some recently and it was very soothing. Is your flu bug head or digestive related. I can't recommend any herbs as that is not my forte, but some herbal tea, caffeine free has been soothing.  I would suggest anything that is soothing, easy to digest and tastes good to you.  That might be a tall order with all the sxs you are having. Hope this helps. You are very sweet, kind, and thoughtful and a fighter. I have appreciated getting to know you in chat and hate to see you hurting so.   We will all get through this - wish we were close enough to hug and squeeze each others hands.

Mskanger

Ms K,

I forgot to answer your question.  My flu is head and chest related.  Not stomach.

Kian

My whole GI system went into uproar from the beginning of my taper through most of my withdrawal. OMG diarrhea, the feeling of the intestines in spasm, stomach sour. I had to snack frequently to keep my stomach happy. I came to believe that the pain I felt was just a version of hunger. I also took Maalox as needed. That and imodium and the frequent snacks helped.

My whole GI system went into uproar from the beginning of my taper through most of my withdrawal. OMG diarrhea, the feeling of the intestines in spasm, stomach sour. I had to snack frequently to keep my stomach happy. I came to believe that the pain I felt was just a version of hunger. I also took Maalox as needed. That and imodium and the frequent snacks helped.

Thank you.