does anyone have high blood pressure?

[...]

High blood pressure has been a constant problem for me.  I take lisinipril and beta blockers and sometimes they don't even bring it down.  it is about 155 over 100 some morning....like i am jumping out of my skin.  it alarms me because the cardiologist that put me on the klonipin told me to PLEASE take the klonipinn because i am at risk for a heart attack, liver or kidney failure.  the new cardiologist did not seem to think it is that high.  it scares me a lot i guess; so uncomfortable  . luv u all

Hi Pan,

I can tell you from my own experience that I've never experienced high blood pressure until going off of benzos. I landed in the ER after taking my last benzo four months before (have since reinstated to begin slow taper).  I was going through several w/d symptoms, but of course, they said it was impossible because it had been four months. I don't want to get off on a rabbit trail, so about the BP - mine was 200/125 - I was horrified. In fact, the entire time I was off the benzos for that four months, I had BP issues. When I reinstated, it normalized. So I don't know how many of us are affected by elevated BP due to this terrible poison, but I think there are lots. I read in many cases. After reinstating, I started exercising on a regular basis and went on a low glycemic eating plan. I didn't have to take any medication anymore per my doctor because it normalized quickly. Hope that helps.

amb56

amb - thanks so much; the info does help.  i a thinking maybe people have it but do not have the little gadget that checks it for them.  i am thinking it will get better too; thanks so much!

Pan  :)

Hello.For me my blood pressure was 178/125 it was sky high..

But I did a c/t and it was like that for 3 months straight.

But I never bp problems before in my life until w/d

Its very normal now and back to 117/70

Keep a eye on this and know yes this w/d can elevate it ..It did for me.

Your friend  ;)~Jenny