Family Driving me Crazy !

[2w...]

I have been on Benzo's for about 13 yrs now and no one except my spouse was here to help me. After getting off of Xanax with only my husband and doctor's support, I am now day 62 off getting off of Valium. My mom who is in her 80's has been very supportive the last few months, but doesn't understand why I started this medication or how difficult these medication are to get off of. She just says that she wants the old "me" back. I feel like I'm 5 yrs old around my parents and my husband's parents have just started to communicate a bit with us and I don't feel like sharing this with them after being with my husband over 20 yrs. It's like when people get a lot older or lose their health, then they contact you and want to have a relationship. It doesn't work that way. I am not the type of person to just let people into my life. My mom is trying to fix me now, when she was the problem when I was first prescribed this medication. She saw me falling asleep, taking this medication and many others, being unhappy and angry, and going to the hospital for an asthma attack due to these meds and others, and now she wants to be so involved. I just want to deal with this myself and find the right support. If families are suppose to be there for you, then they should have been there for the last 13 years. I know this sounds harsh, but I grew up in an alcoholic home and I have always been there for my parents. She has always done what she wanted despite the consequences and said she was an adult and could make her own decision. Well, now I'm an adult and I need to make my own decisions. I just pray that I can do this and not have to run back to my mom for support, because I am just running back to my source of anxiety which I know is not healthy.

If anyone is experiencing something similar, I would love to talk with you or hear your comments.

Thanks Everyone !

Lou

I ran back to my mum for support, during a 7 year rift.

I regret it now, because the original problem I had when I caused the rift still has not gone away.

Post on these forums, look for benzo support groups, and connect with as many people as possible who can help you.

Beware of doctors and medical professionals throwing more drugs at you.

love

J x