Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Weird symptom..overly frequent urination..is it benzo's?

[Gl...]

I've had to pee a lot recently since being on benzo's and tapering off of them.  It really sucks..it's like I'm putting more out than I'm taking in.  Sometimes I won't drink anything for hours but will still have to use the restroom like 3+ times an hour.  The worst is when I'm trying to sleep and I have to get up to the bathroom multiple times.  I might have had this problem a little bit before benzo's but never this bad.  I try not drinking anything 2 hours before bed and that works sometimes but I can't always do it if I'm really thirsty.  Any advice would be appreciated as it's annoying..lol

If you have been checked out and everything is OK, it might be from a rise in your anxiety. When my anxiety increased, so did my trips to the bathroom. ;)

oh yeah, nothing to do with anxiety, it's just a normal benzo symptom listed under the wikipedia entry for benzo withdrawal.  There are nights I have to get up to pee 5-6 times without even drinking anything!

I have the same symptom, and the most annoying part is when I finally get to sleep, I wake up an hour later to pee.  Helpme, how long did it take to pass.  All I do is drink and pee.

Went on benzos because I had to pee like 3 times an hour for months on end.....only good thing about being on the benzos was when I went off them I realized there are things a million times worse!  Not to downplay your issue--lived with it for a long time and it sucks.  Now I get to add all the other stuff!  Tell yourself it will go away (cuz it will) and dont let the anxiety make it any worse!

Shell

Hi GlynG,

I have this same problem! Peeing all the time! I had it the whole time on klonopin and now throughout my taper. I too was wondering if it is from klonopin and hoping it will pass.

-Minka

Thanks for the info, I found the part on wikipedia that shows increased urinary frequency as a withdrawal symptom.  I'm looking forward to the day this will go away..lol

I had some pretty annoying constant urination as well.  I did increase my water consumption as well though.  But I too would go 3+ times an hour all day long for a while there. Me and the urinal at work became pretty close. We still talk, just not as much lately. It has slowed down now.  :laugh: