Bad anxiety towards end of taper

[Gl...]

Hey there..recently I've been getting some bad anxiety that seemed to come out of nowhere.  I'll be anxious at the store or when I go places for no apparent reason.  I have irrational thoughts and irrational fears come into my mind and then eventually my whole body will be shaky and sweaty..it really sucks.  Does this tend to come and go?  I'm towards the end of my taper and I'm hoping it gets better soon so I can hold my dose and then jump when I'm ready.  What are others' experience with nutty anxiety that just seems to randomly show up?  I feel like a freak because I'll be anxious at the store in line for no reason etc.  This is the first time I've encountered some bad anxiety during my taper..earlier I would have small bouts but nothing major.  I don't want to get beaten by this and just tell me myself that it's alright and to calm down..but it sucks.

I've had it too, Glyn. Almost like agoraphobia but without the conscious thoughts, right? It subsided for me. But I do get out of the blue anxiety about every night over nothing. I hope it goes away soon too!!!!

Yeah, it is something like that for me.  I was super anxious at Food4Less around the people there and then completely calm at Wal Mart later in the day today.  Things are looking up for now  ;D hoping the anxiety stays away for a while

I've been getting the same feelings the lower I go in my dosage. It's not fun by any means, but I take it as my body healing and every time I do get a window, I am free from the anxiety and intrusive thoughts.

Hi Glyn.

Yep, towards the end of my taper I was hit by social anxiety and depression.

They got better not too long after becoming benzo free.

You're definitely healing :)

Yes - Ive been having this too.  Last night at WalMart I felt very very anxious.  I was in a hurry to get out of there? -

Then today at Walmart (yes at Walmart again) I was completely fine??  Felt somewhat normal - whatever that is?  ;)