My friends recovery from short term ativan use and CT

[cu...]

I got permission from my friend to post his story here to give others hope that we do go on to a full healthy life after benzo's.

Its amazing how that stuff can nearly ruin your life.  I was on ativan for only 7 weeks, 3 times a day, and a very small dose.  I did a cold turkey by the advice of my doctor, and it was a living hell!!  It took me a few weeks to be able to even get out of bed....my brain took a long time to heal, not to scare you, but I made it through it....Im perfectly fine right now, but during the withdrawal, it was very scary, and I thought Id never get well....if I could do it all over again, I would have withdrawaled very slowly!  the CT was the worst thing I could've done and I think it shocked my brain by doing it so slowly....you will make it through it, u just have to tell yourself....I had to pick myself up and force myself to do things, and that's how I started getting better, as hard as it was.....now, im back with my buddies, living life, and doing whatever I want now without the thought of needing a benzo to do it.....I'd be willing to help ya through it and answer any questions you have.....I remember where ur at right now, and I feel so bad for u, but keep faith, itll get better....

Id love to help people out..... I dont believe what any of us went through is any kind of withdrawal to be honest....its just our brains were tramatized by quitting the benzo.....it changes the whole entire makeup of the brain when you are on it..... u just have to have faith you will get well, because you will, I assure u.....I did, and so will you hon.....at 17 months, I wasnt well yet...but I assure u, I was a lot better than the first month off! its a slwo process, and those drugs should be made illegal...they are to addictive, and they mess peoples lives up.....I was feeling much better at about 24 months off, and at 36 months off, I was completely back to myself....I look back at the experience, and it made me a lot stronger person.....I was in the Marine Corps, and it was like going through a bootcamp for 3 years! just stay strong, and u will get through it!!

those pills just supress every feeling u have, except fear....Id say it took me about 3 years total to feel great again, and enjoy life...it comes very slowly..

[cd...]

Thank you so much for posting these, Cupcake!  It gives me more hope hearing a c/t, short-term Ativan story even though I really, really hate hearing it took 2-3 years to feel a lot better.  :( 

On the days when it seems like it will never end, we will at least know that it will, I guess...that's better than wondering.  :)

puffin :smitten:

You have to take into consideration that what he was feeling in the beginning, is NOT how he felt toward the end, he said at 17 mos he was much improved...I think toward the end he just had some minor things..some people don't consider 100%  until its ALL gone, every twitch blot pimple etc...

The norm is 6-24 mos from all the people I have talked to.

xxoo

cupcake