Author Topic: 5 1/2 years off and going strong!!  (Read 5085 times)

[Buddie]

5 1/2 years off and going strong!!
« on: August 13, 2011, 04:50:29 am »
Hi all,

Just read another story of a person taking Xanax and felt compelled to tell my story.  Which..made me think of all of you.  Five years off and still going strong!!  I was as bad as bad can get (spent a week in a mental hospital because of Xanax) but I am doing great and you will too!!  Don't give up.  No matter how bad it seems...I swear..it will get better!!  One step, one minute, one breath at a time.  You will get better!!  Hang in there!!  Much love and understanding!!

Jen
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: 5 1/2 years off and going strong!!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 04:52:43 am »
Thank you so much for the update Jen! So happy to hear that you are doing so well. Wishing you continued good health  :)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 05:18:07 am »
It's always great to hear from recovered buddies  :yippee: 

Thank you for taking the time to update us and share your success, we need to hear it  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 02:11:02 pm »
So glad to hear you're doing well. It's so gratifying to see someone else healed from Xanax. Thanks for posting!

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 02:29:18 pm »
Thnx Jen

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 07:22:12 pm »
Dear Jen,

Thank you for not only thinking about us but letting us know that you have healed and doing so well.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 07:25:55 pm »
Thank you Jen,

It is always a good thing to hear someone has healed.  So happy for you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 07:39:08 pm »
Hi Jen,

It's so good to see you again, you were here when I first arrived!  I didn't believe you were real, I couldn't see how I could heal from this nightmare.  Now I'm the one still here, letting other folks know there is hope.  Thank you for coming back, it's wonderful to see you!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 07:45:32 pm »
Hi all,

Just read another story of a person taking Xanax and felt compelled to tell my story.  Which..made me think of all of you.  Five years off and still going strong!!  I was as bad as bad can get (spent a week in a mental hospital because of Xanax) but I am doing great and you will too!!  Don't give up.  No matter how bad it seems...I swear..it will get better!!  One step, one minute, one breath at a time.  You will get better!!  Hang in there!!  Much love and understanding!!

Jen

Hi Jen!

I was thinking about you the other day and now here you are! It's so nice to hear from you and that you are doing so well.  :smitten:

There are more and more stories that are making the news of people that are on these drugs.  This is one horrific case that chills me to the bone. When I saw her picture on the news of her being arrested I knew immediately that she was on benzos. She was shaking uncontrollably, anyone that's ct'ed a benzos knows what I'm talking about. I understand that not everyone does what she did. In another article it said she had stopped taking her medications, add that to the other stresses in her life and I think she snapped.  She was a very accomplished woman and I feel the years of benzos brought her down.

I'm so thankful we lived through it and have gotten on with our lives.  My heart goes out to this poor woman and what she has to live with for the rest of her life.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/state-to-seek-death-penalty-in-mothers-murder-case/1185712

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 11:48:22 pm »
Hi Jen, thank you so much for coming back and sharing your healing with us. I am very happy for you!!!!  :smitten: