Anxiety Beat Down

[Na...]

I'm 4 1/2 months out and anxiety is really starting to beat me down again.  Is 4 1/2 months still early to expect that benzo induced anxiety should be gone?  4 1/2 months seems to me to be a VERY long time, and I just fear that this is what I will have to live with from here on out.  It seems to start as soon as I wake up in the morning and my neck right at the base of my skull gets real tight with other head pressure starting to ruminate from there.  Is time still the only healer for this?  I'm just ready for a break.

Hi Natron,

Believe it or not 4 1/2 months is still early in the process for some. It was almost 15 months for me before that benzo induced anxiety finally was gone.

It may take some time before the anxiety finally goes away for good, but it does go away.

I hope you have a window, free from that anxiety soon.

Mike

Natron,

The anxiety ride is a long ride, unfortunately. There will be windows, but 4 1/2 months is certainly early in the healing process (in my experienced opinion); I'm nearly 11 months off and not until around 9+months did I noticeably start to experience a waning of this symptom (although, like I said, there are some windows that do appear in various months).

Eventually, what I have experienced is that the morning anxiety will leave once you get up and get moving around; however, in the early stages, it just hangs on nearly all day.  Exercise, healthy diet and time are the main factors.

God bless you friend; hang in there!  You will make it.

Sir William

I currently am busy getting off and anxiety was pounding me I just do alot of positive talk and deep breathing anxiety I have somewhat mastered controlling anxiety.

• 1 month later...

I'm 4 1/2 months out and anxiety is really starting to beat me down again.  Is 4 1/2 months still early to expect that benzo induced anxiety should be gone?  4 1/2 months seems to me to be a VERY long time, and I just fear that this is what I will have to live with from here on out.  It seems to start as soon as I wake up in the morning and my neck right at the base of my skull gets real tight with other head pressure starting to ruminate from there.  Is time still the only healer for this?  I'm just ready for a break.

Hi Natron,

I am where you are as well, it freaks me out and makes me so restless, sitting is impossible, laying down and trying to control my breathing helps a little but it never seems to go away for hours and hours after wakening.

Reading the other encouraging posts on here gives me hope as it is my most debilitating symptom and still it goes on 4 months after a slow taper. In total I have had this for two years now, the problem is I don't know when it will stop but I hope it is soon for me as well as you.

I keep saying to my two friends (who help me as best as they can) that I am not strong enough anymore for this, but they tell me I am the strongest person they currently know because to go through what I am going through and still carry on is quite an amazing feat!

Can you relate? Anyone?

Got to beat this,

If I had a dollar for every time I said to myself 'how the h_ll does anyone make it through this?' I would have a nice little stash :laugh:!  We just put one foot in front of the other and keep on pushing toward the prize.  Look at what Mike said, I mean, he was on this poison for 18 years and cold turkied.  If he can recover, any one of us can. (BTW Mike, you are one of my personal inspirational heroes as our histories are so close!).  15 months it took until his subsided, but in the end it did.  What is the alternative really?  Being sick forever taking poison, I don't think so, right?  We can do this GTBT!  Before you know it many months will have passed, we just have to hang in there the best we can and let time do the rest.