tingling, stinging, everywhere

[pi...]

I have heard about people mentioning sensations like stinging, tingling in the body.  I have it everywhere, even in my ears.  Its so frustrating because it just doesn't stop.  It followed a jittery, restless night with lots of body sweats. When its this bad my mood sinks.  Has anyone had this and is there anything you did to help it out.

pianogirl

Check on all.  I get random stinging on my head and my arms.  Tingling in right arm and right leg mostly.  As well as random muscle spasms...on today's menu was the upper right arm twitching like mad for a good 10mins.  :sick:

Yes, I had this too, but it would come in waves of intensity and it also effected my mood. :tickedoff: In time, it was less extreme and then it finally went away for good.

I have heard others talk about ice packs, as Belle suggested. You may want to give it a try.

There is a known symptom in benzo withdrawal on wikipedia that describes a burning sensation underneath the skin..I forget exactly what it's called but once I got down to 0 I had this happen a lot..I'm not sure if this is the same as the tingling you're talking about but it felt like tingling just a lot worse like burning under my skin.  It seemed to go away on its own after a while.

Earlier on in my taper it was awful.  I can remember feeling like I had bugs crawling on me.  I also would wake up soaked in sweat.  I still have these s/x's but not to the severity.  Unfortunately, another few s/x's to chalked up to w/d's...........

• 2 weeks later...

Can you define your stinging , is it like bubblebee stings, nerve stinging , or a surface skin sting? thank you , I have severe stining everywhere , its all nerve pain stinging . Do you still have it? sorry you got this symptom , its very painful .

Love Laura

xoxoxo

I've had all sorts of what I call nerve sensations. They vary in how they feel. Anywhere from numbness, tingling, pins, burning, zapping.... mostly just on my skin, in cold-turkey I had more of what felt like free-flowing electricity in my bones that was extraordinarily painful.

Based on my experience they are not anything permanent, I have had them come and go, even after coming for weeks or months. I know it feels like some awful disease. But I promise they are at least CAPABLE of leaving as fast as they came.

Yes. I had surgery in early May in my bottom. I was lucky enough to consume some E. Coli. Got infected rectum through a gland. Yes it's embarrassing. To make a long story short, the incision up the rear of my exhaust pipe really burns when I get the trembling vibration symptom. Not like chili burn. A deep nerve burn that resonates down my legs. Nauseating kind of burn. Makes my stomach feel like the first hill down the roller coaster. I went to the ER four weeks ago thinking I had another abscess. The ER doctor was familiar with Benzo withdrawals. She said after a CT scan and digital exam that it was the withdrawals causing it. I think it's called neuralgia or neuropthia or something to that affect. It IS getting less and less. Just a touch elsewhere on me occasionally. The tingling like I when your hand goes to sleep and wakes up, I feel mostly from the waste down to my toes. Annoying but at least it's not excruciating. The vibrating is a little disturbing but also waning.

Yes. I had surgery in early May in my bottom. I was lucky enough to consume some E. Coli. Got infected rectum through a gland. Yes it's embarrassing. To make a long story short, the incision up the rear of my exhaust pipe really burns when I get the trembling vibration symptom. Not like chili burn. A deep nerve burn that resonates down my legs. Nauseating kind of burn. Makes my stomach feel like the first hill down the roller coaster. I went to the ER four weeks ago thinking I had another abscess. The ER doctor was familiar with Benzo withdrawals. She said after a CT scan and digital exam that it was the withdrawals causing it. I think it's called neuralgia or neuropthia or something to that affect. It IS getting less and less. Just a touch elsewhere on me occasionally. The tingling like I when your hand goes to sleep and wakes up, I feel mostly from the waste down to my toes. Annoying but at least it's not excruciating. The vibrating is a little disturbing but also waning.

How horrible for you Stevie, I'm so sorry.  :(

There is a known symptom in benzo withdrawal on wikipedia that describes a burning sensation underneath the skin..I forget exactly what it's called but once I got down to 0 I had this happen a lot..I'm not sure if this is the same as the tingling you're talking about but it felt like tingling just a lot worse like burning under my skin.  It seemed to go away on its own after a while.

Parasthesia?

[flash=200,200]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paresthesia

Hi Laura (helpme123),

I read your message in my blog.  I have had burning, stinging and extreme tightness deep in my muscles sometimes at the same time. it got so bad at the middle part of June that all could do is lay on the bed and moan (no covers, that hurt too much).  I even had it in the genital area, yukkkk.  It feels like my nerves are on fire.  I basically think that the nerves are hyper excited after being supressed while on the benzos.  I just tell myself that it won't last.  To some extent it is better.  Not so much 24/7 now, seems to come and go and have had periods of little or no pain. It has been sooooo frustrating because nothing helps it :-[

To all who are suffering, give it time.  I know that it will go away for me and for all of you.  We will heal  ;)

Much caring and hope,

pianogirl

Hi Pianogirl, here is a link that shows you another element of this with our nerves. Whoopsie found it and it helped me. I was severe head, brain, face, left side, eyes, occipital from about 4 months till not long ago. Still a few areas but not severe, just eye area.

I had it confirmed by a brain scan doc the reason some of us feel burning brain is the blood vessels in the brain have nerves. These blood vessels travel through certain areas of the brain mass. Thus, it is JUST the brain mass which has no pain receptors.

[nobbc]http://www.mcvitamins.com/neuropathy.htm[/nobbc]

Here is a link explaining that anti-anxiety meds, benzos, cause degeneration of the myelin sheath. When you look at the link it explains why you feel the pain. Look under the FIRST and SECOND picture of the Myelin Sheath. Of course it repairs with the benzos. This is NOT a chronic condition.

A few headings down it also say, "medications that cause this" and click there and it says, clonazepam, xanax. Of course we know benzos do this period. Not just those two.

Sorry you and everyone else. Yes the severity comes down but it stops you in your tracks when it's on doesn't it? It decides the length. I hope this helps for understanding with one aspect of this.

Edit:  Deactivated commercial link.

Hi Pianogirl, here is a link that shows you another element of this with our nerves. Whoopsie found it and it helped me. I was severe head, brain, face, left side, eyes, occipital from about 4 months till not long ago. Still a few areas but not severe, just eye area.

I had it confirmed by a brain scan doc the reason some of us feel burning brain is the blood vessels in the brain have nerves. These blood vessels travel through certain areas of the brain mass. Thus, it is JUST the brain mass which has no pain receptors.

Here is a link explaining that anti-anxiety meds, benzos, cause degeneration of the myelin sheath. When you look at the link it explains why you feel the pain. Look under the FIRST and SECOND picture of the Myelin Sheath. Of course it repairs with the benzos. This is NOT a chronic condition.

A few headings down it also say, "medications that cause this" and click there and it says, clonazepam, xanax. Of course we know benzos do this period. Not just those two.

Sorry you and everyone else. Yes the severity comes down but it stops you in your tracks when it's on doesn't it? It decides the length. I hope this helps for understanding with one aspect of this.

This is a site trying to sell a vitamin concoction product. I know of no scientific evidence whatsoever that benzodiazepines cause degeneration of the myelin sheath, and that is a scary and reckless thing to suggest using a sales pitch as evidence. :(

Edit:  Deactivated commercial link.

This is a site trying to sell a vitamin concoction product. I know of no scientific evidence whatsoever that benzodiazepines cause degeneration of the myelin sheath, and that is a scary and reckless thing to suggest using a sales pitch as evidence. :(

I also would not put much faith what I read on any website promoting a medicine or supplement. Of course they are going to say what they can to get you to buy their product, even if it means using scare tactics, or lying.  :-\

Edit: Deactivated commercial link in quote

I have the tingling under my skin all over my body.  Then I stress  more and my ears ring more.  Nothing I know to do about it.  :pokey:

The information has nothing to do with the vitamin.

I like information that explains to me what this drug does on many levels. Many others see validity, some don't apparently. To each his own. I like to know how the body works and I and others do see validity.

Anyone can further research and see many drugs do in fact do this. Links that are not promoting vitamins or anything else, therefore objective and just educating. This happened to be a good "in laymen's" term link. Easy to understand for people.

It's a matter of opinion, therefore take it or leave it. It's not an argument or a debate.

Your style of communication is much too confrontational for me. Much like how Amano was.

You write in a very disrespectful manner and a manner in which to offend.

Discuss amongst you and your friends any disagreements, but lacking the capacity to behave like an adult and respond respectfully to me, means you no longer have the privilege to respond to me personally.

As said, you are much too confrontational and childish like Amano. And verbatum with exactly the same sayings he used when posting.

For some reason you "always" say YOU do not have scientific evidence. Like that somehow makes things that are credible, not credible. You are not an authority on everything anymore than any one person on this board. Just research it.

I have heard about people mentioning sensations like stinging, tingling in the body.  I have it everywhere, even in my ears.  Its so frustrating because it just doesn't stop.  It followed a jittery, restless night with lots of body sweats. When its this bad my mood sinks.  Has anyone had this and is there anything you did to help it out.

pianogirl

Yes, it's my most maddening symptom when I first wake up. I describe it as a burning, tingling sensation (I have it right now while writing this). It's most predominant in my face, upper chest, outer arms and thighs. To me, it's like a constant "flushing" like I experienced in my younger years as normal "fight or flight" response to an Adrenalin rush like when embarrassed, or challenged, or ready to public speak, or frightened...you know. BUT, I do experience wide ranges from really bad (1st thing in morning) to almost nothing (when i'm making love to my wife!!) soooo, I'm counting on it being leveled out  back to "normal" after my withdrawal.

By BIGGEST problem is disorientation and headaches. This causes my D/R, agorephobia and social anxiety. for this I constantly search for folks, as you have here, to identify with. HANG IN THERE!

pianogirl

Yes, it's my most maddening symptom when I first wake up. I describe it as a burning, tingling sensation (I have it right now while writing this). It's most predominant in my face, upper chest, outer arms and thighs. To me, it's like a constant "flushing" like I experienced in my younger years as normal "fight or flight" response to an Adrenalin rush like when embarrassed, or challenged, or ready to public speak, or frightened...you know. BUT, I do experience wide ranges from really bad (1st thing in morning) to almost nothing (when i'm making love to my wife!!) soooo, I'm counting on it being leveled out  back to "normal" after my withdrawal.

By BIGGEST problem is disorientation and headaches. This causes my D/R, agorephobia and social anxiety. for this I constantly search for folks, as you have here, to identify with. HANG IN THERE!

The information has nothing to do with the vitamin.

I like information that explains to me what this drug does on many levels. Many others see validity, some don't apparently. To each his own. I like to know how the body works and I and others do see validity.

It's a matter of opinion, take it or leave it, it's not an arguement.

Your style of communication is much too confrontational for me. Much like how Amano was.

You write in a very disrespectful manner and a manner in which to offend posters.

Discuss amongst you and your friends any disagreements, but lacking the capacity to behave like an adult and respond respectfully to me, means you no longer have the privilege to respond to my posts.

As said, you are much too confrontational and childish like Amano.

:o

Man I've been hanging around BB too much today I think.

I'm going to choose to walk away from this and be the actual adult you are saying I am not rather than be goated into a childish back-and-forth. I hope our paths do not cross again.