These mornings are so hard. Is it me?

[...]

I have a really hard time in the mornings.  It is like electricity is going throough my body.  I just feel kind of sick-ish - so sick that I just cry from it.  Guess that is depression too.  I have read the info on here about mornings and how facing the day causes stress and to eat etc.  i am just wondering if maybe it is me or do many people really struggle in the mornings.  It is really really hard and uncomfortable.  Does it ever go away do you think?n

I can sure see why people feel like taking something to escape this....but i will not.  Thanks so much to the kind people on here who take the time to help each other.  I hope I can be the one saying "it gets better!" someday :o

No it is NOT YOU. It's benzo withdrawal. Keep telling yourself that. Write it on cards and keep one in your car, one in your house, etc.

This is the torture of benzo withdrawal. It twist our minds and convinces us that something is wrong with us.

YOUR SYMPTOMS ARE TEMPORARY!!

Good for you for refusing to redose or updose. That's just a dead end street, isn't it?

Mornings were the absolute worst for me too  :(  But the good news is that it won't be this way forever.  I am 12 months benzo free and now look forward to the start of a new day instead of dreading it.

Mornings used to be filled with anxiety prior and during my taper, but I have seen quite an improvement since getting lower in dosage. I believe you aren't the only one going through this. You can even do a search to see what others have to say on the subject.

YRAM and Bevoir - thanks so much for the encouragement.  i really really appreciate it.  my blood pressure got really high today; and i felt so darn abnormal and awful.  these days are really something.  it is like all i have is getting on here and feeling not alone in this.  i don't feel like i want to do anything anymore.  i push myself.  i hope i get the desire to do things back.xoxo

[bd...]

I had good mornings during my taper for a long time, but when it hits .. it will hit :(

Had no problems with mornings until around two months ago.

terrible morning turned into terrible day; oh well; it takes what it takes i guess.  thanks again for being there buds.  could not do it without this help; how lonely to go thru wd before computers;  dang  watched the fantasia american idol movie;  xoxo  signed, the blob

I had the electricity feeling nausea thing, which turned into adrenalin rushes, then back to electric.  7 months out and I still get it 1 out of 3 mornings or so.  Mornings are still hard, though, just not as electric anymore.

• 1 month later...