Quitting Ambien was a piece of cake..Klonopin, not so much

[Co...]

I wonder why w/d from ambien was so much easier in terms of w/d symptoms than klonopin.  I c/t ambien without skipping a beat.  While my Klonopin taper wasn't terrible, is sure wasn't easy.  A few things possibilities:

1. I've been on klonopin for 7 years daily, ambien, while constant in the last couple of months  was on an as-needed basis prior to that.

2. I quit Ambien while still on 1mg of klonopin/day... Whatever w/d symptoms I had from quitting Ambien were masked by the klonopin.

3.  Ambien is easier to quit than klonopin (speculating).

If 1 or 3 were true, then perhaps I did this backwards and should have quit klonopin first.  If 2 is true then perhaps the reverse is true.

Ambien is not a true benzodiazepine, and in my opinion was much easier to quit.  Months of suffering from the Klonopin vs a couple of weeks of sleeplessness from the Ambien. 

[66...]

I cold turkied Ambien with no problem, but tried the klonopin and ended up in psychosis, seizures and everything else.

Ambien is easy to quit.

Interesting... Maybe I should have done this the other way and not had to deal with insomnia during the klonopin taper...

[66...]

Before my taper, actually.. I c/t Remeron 15mg - no problem

Lithium 600mg - no problem

Ambien 20mg a night - No Problem

I would also take Rozerem (sp?)- c/t it, no problem

Detoxed from Hydrocodone and other opiates too, this was not as bad as Benzo's but there were some major withdrawals.

Bugs crawling feeling, pains, stomach aches, headaches, hallucinations, shakes, vomit and the runs, and other things. I took Hydro 10's, Perco's, OC's and whatever opiate I could get.