set backs...share any experiences

[Mb...]

hey buddies,

figured i would start a thread about set backs (where you feel you were knocked way off track) from eating/drinking/taking something....

i have had several from being put to sleep for surgeries, neg reactiosn to zyrtec, and most recently to what i think was caffeine.

please share any experiences and any recollection of your journey back

How about some "set forwards"?

The only thing that ramped up my withdrawal was NSAIDs. I had taken them since mid December 2010 for osteoarthritis and to help my total knee replacement recovery. A few days after I stopped them on July 19, my withdrawal completely cleared up.

Taking off for a few days had a great positive impact on my withdrawal as well.

I've had numerous setbacks throughout the 21 months I have been in withdrawal, none of them being caused by anything.  I know these were not caused by anything I did because I haven't had a drop of alcohol, caffeine, any type of drug (except an occasional beta blocker), or anything else in almost 2 years.  I have had at least three distinct periods where I had felt good improvements for many weeks and thought I was on my way and then got hit with intense symptoms that left me scratching my head.  This is how my personal recovery has gone - long periods of bad symptoms followed by periods of improvement followed by another long period of bad symptoms.  However, each time I experience one of these "setbacks" after a long period of improvement, the symptoms are a little less intense than the previous setback.  And each time things begin to improve again, I feel a little bit better than the last window.