Book

[lo...]

As some of you know already I both me and a kid was on the verge of suicide when we met and I spend time with him and we both are more or less back on our feet. The mother has been very grateful to have her old son back (his dad did him in verbally) so eitherway I was chatting with the mom and she told me she had severe anxiety after a heart op and they wanted to put her on benzo's she had a bad feeling about it and rather sought alternative means of recovery. Which was then this book she has now given it to me and I have found it quite useful in how to cope with my situation.

For anyone interested it's called "The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook" it's written by Edmund J. Bourne

Anything I find along my road helping me I will try my best to point out to others who need it. I am happy to say though I have never had a true family it seems that I have found true friends in my time of dire need.

Dear loldongs,

So happy to hear that you and your friend are safe and doing better!!! 

Could you share some of the things that you've learned from the book you recommend that have helped you?

Thanks!

NYClady

I would say the most crucial thing I have learned is what is anxiety and what kinds there are. That i was able to classify my anxiety I am able to understand it (afterall the biggest fear is that of the unknown) and knowing my problem is helping me solve it.

As for solutions to these problems I have not gone through the whole thing but can tell you this:

#1 Babysteps (never push it to the limit) but also never avoid it, by avoiding it you make the problem seem alot bigger than it is confronting it you gain confidense.

#2 So far the best alternative I could find is breathing when under stress or anxious, also walking take time to think of the worries and they will slowly turn to better thoughts solutions etc.

#3 When needing to face your problem give yourself mental strength a easy chant:"Head strong I'll take anything on"

That's the best I can give till I have completed chapter 4.