Ibuprofen during Withdrawal

[da...]

I jumped from .125 Klonopin 17 days ago, after a two-week, low dose use (.5 or .25 once a day), and a three-week taper.  I did a really tough workout today and wanted to take one ibuprofen to help with my sore muscles.  Any thoughts on whether this would be okay?  I have had on-and-off depression (sometimes severe) during my withdrawal (and prior), anxiety (mainly obsessive worrying), ringing in the ears (now gone), insomnia (sleeping better), and nightmares (now just vivid dreams). 

Thoughts?  Thanks.

Daisygirl

I don't know about other people, but NSAIDs ramp up withdrawal for me. I should say "ramped up" because as soon as I stopped my NSAIDs (ibuprofen is an NSAID), my withdrawal completely went away.

Try it and see. But if you can get relief with Tylenol, that might be another option.

Prof Ashton said in her manual that there's no need to avoid OTC pain relievers, such as Tylenol, [NSAIDS}, etc.  I personally had no problem with ibuprofen.

I don't know about other people, but NSAIDs ramp up withdrawal for me. I should say "ramped up" because as soon as I stopped my NSAIDs (ibuprofen is an NSAID), my withdrawal completely went away.

Try it and see. But if you can get relief with Tylenol, that might be another option.

Yram, thanks so much.

Prof Ashton said in her manual that there's no need to avoid OTC pain relievers, such as Tylenol, [NSAIDS}, etc.  I personally had no problem with ibuprofen.

Beeper, thanks once again.

Hi Daisygirl and Yram, FYI just saw in General Health and Well Being a bunch of posts re taking OTC pain relievers (scroll down and youll see it in subject line).  Pretty interesting.  Another thing I would not have thought about, but now will pay careful attention to.

My wd symptoms are usually mainly physical and I've found ibuprofen very helpful.  It practically erases them at times.  If the symptoms are bad I have to take more than the suggested dose, like 3 or 4.  Very rough stuff on the digestive system though. 

Glad it helped you elliptical22.  For most of us, it amps up w/d symptoms.

Wikipedia states that it can cause problems for those in benzo withdrawal, so I would be cautious about using it if you still feel symptomatic.

Wikipedia states that it can cause problems for those in benzo withdrawal, so I would be cautious about using it if you still feel symptomatic.

Missy, I took one tablet and was fine.  Each person is different though...

Missy, I took one tablet and was fine.  Each person is different though...

Very true!  I'm so glad you did not have problems with it.  That's wonderful!

• 6 years later...

I'm glad to have found this post. I recently began taking Ibuprofen for 4-5 days for kidney stone pain and began developing a myriad of symptoms that seemingly came out of nowhere and took me awhile to connect the dots to Ibuprofen.

I began to develop insomnia, severe anxiety, depersonalization, panic, loss of appetite, dizziness, headaches, confusion, profuse sweatong, chills and shaking, abdominal pain and discomfort/bloating, heartburn and stomach acid, the list goes on.

Before taking the Ibuprofen, I was in a great place in my WD. I had all but beaten my anxiety for the most part, sleep came easily throughout my entire WD, I was being social and enjoying my life.

It feels like everything just suddenly fell apart after the Ibuprofen.

If anyone has experienced this, how long can I expect these symptoms to persist, before I return to normal?

• 3 months later...

After 6 months off I got flu and took only one pill of panadol (paracetamol) 4 days ago and it seems that it returned almost immediately some of the worst withdrawal symptoms back. I can't describe my frustration and anger right now.

I really thought that I need it because of fever and body pains. I can't be 100% sure that panadol is the reason, but I don't know what else could be. I hope these symptoms will go away soon. Only 1 (one) pill of something that is NOT meant to screw with my brain and still.... GOD! FUCK YOU PHARMA :pokey::crazy: