Allergies & Antihistamines - Please advise!

I recently had to move and developed allergies in the new area I'm now in. I took a non-drowsy antihistamine and it feels like it triggered a lot of the withdrawal symptoms (anxiety, depression, depersonalization). What have others experienced with antihistamines and withdrawals? Do they make it worse? Are certain kinds safe? Thanks!

The results seem to be extraordinarily mixed for all of them, seems to be a very individualized thing. I gave up on trying to find one after I got slammed the day after I took a Claratin. I think my allergies are mostly w/d related anyway.

Xenofears,

Thanks for the reply! I had a bad withdrawal reaction to both a drowsy and non-drowsy antihistamine, so I think I'm done with those. As unpleasant as the allergies are, the pissed-off withdrawals are worse. I'm going to try a bag of tricks that doesn't include medication and hopefully find some relief.

Thanks!

Yeah, good. The bag of tricks of non-medication allergy treatments are actually the best -- primarily, the nasal irrigation with saline. It's hard to get over the hump of getting going on it, but I was ALWAYS happy when I did. Also the chromium nasal spray is probably a safe bet.

The non-drowsy antihistamines probably act as a stimulant. Also FYI, my experience with NSAIDs is they aggravated my withdrawal symptoms.