Afraid of being afraid and other silliness...

[an...]

I am more annoyed than afraid at the moment, but even so, its strange how my body seems so jittery, hands jumping on their own, all from only a few weeks of this benzo poison in me at such "harmless" doses (.5mg clonezepam). Sometimes I wonder if it's just my new "normal" though I felt pretty fine before then, even if I was highstrung and could sometimes make my own shoulder muscles cramp from tension.

Just on your instincts, everyone, do you think it's withdrawals in my case after on-and-off benzos for only two weeks at "low" doses, or is it just anxiety I need to contend with?

Think back to the way you were pre-benzo. That would be your "baseline."

If you're different than baseline, that those differences are probably benzo w/d related.

Things WILL go back to normal. Benzos are not only poison but evil. You're on the right path.

Always try to ask yourself if you were feeling this way prior to benzo use. Did you have these symptoms before you ever took the pills? If no, then it's more than likely withdrawal, which you will heal from in time. Time is always the key in this healing process. I've been having the same thoughts and I know it can be very discouraging and disturbing, but if we're strong enough to make it through a taper, then we're strong enough to make it through this. Sending good vibes your way.

• 3 weeks later...

Its not your "new normal", it only takes a few weeks for K to have a big impact. the old you is the real you and you will get that back. I know about the fear issue its the drug, you have to try and overcome it or ignore it or distract. Im dealing with this too. we must live on.

Good luck!