ELEVEN months off Klonopin - can ANYONE relate?????

I c/t from Klonopin eleven months ago. I thought, I was finished with all of the side effects except for not being able to sleep more then six hours at night..  Now, I feel like I have rug burns all over my back around my waist and the tops of my legs.  Also, I am losing my hair which really scares me - is it the result from all the months of stress the Benzo put me through?. Is anyone having these symptoms eleven months off????  Will the stress from coming off this drug eventually cause us to have other health problems?  These benzo's are insane!!! Nothing makes sense about them.  My prayers are with you - I know the HELL you are ALL going through. I have been there!!!!!!!  It does get BETTER even though I am having these other new symptoms. Hang in there!    Kimberly  :smitten:

I am at 14 1/2 mths off and I got hit hard at 11 mths off , I got that rug burn symptom , I call it carpet burning , I have it all over , sorry hun you got hit . Your in my prayers

Love Laura

Hi Kimberly,

It's good to know you were feeling better for awhile, but it's not uncommon to have setbacks.  Have you changed your routine at all, or is this just the typical waxing and waning of symptoms?

Pam

Pamster, 

Two things that I can think of that probably contributes to my symptoms are stress and eating more sugar then I used to. I am going to cut out the sugar from now on. Stress, because of my mom being sick, is a little harder for me to cope with.  But are these really the reasons for me to still get side effects at eleven months out. This drug is unreal.  It doesn't seem possible that a drug that is out of your system after three weeks can have side effects after a year and longer.  And they can't get this drug off the market??????????????????????????????? THIS IS INSANE. Because of the stress this drug puts on our body, and we all know that stress causes all sorts of disease, how do we know for sure this won't cause us to have other health issues from this in the future.  Like most of us we only followed what the Doctor gave us and ended up worse.  I wonder if there are any law suits against this drug?.

I feel like I am handy capped.  I can't go out and get sun because of my skin being so sensitive or eat certain foods, have normal stress because of the symptoms that it will cause, etc etc .  I know I am thousand percent better then I was.  I truly went through HELL as we all do when we get off this drug in the beginning but because of this taking so long it causes me to worry, Are we truly ever l00% recovered.  Kimberly 

This drug is unreal.  It doesn't seem possible that a drug that is out of your system after three weeks can have side effects after a year and longer.  A

It might be out of your system but the havoc it wrought on your GABA receptors takes a long time to repair.  I'm 12 months off - after a six month taper - and I still have to deal with mild flare-ups.  Don't forget that Prof. Ashton stated that it can take up to 18 months, or longer, to heal from the withdrawals.

Hi Kimberly,

Bevoir is right, the drug makes changes to your brain while you take it, it actually alters brain function, scary huh?  The symptoms you feel are your brain struggling to regain what the drug took away, the symptoms are the mistakes it's making.  You're healing, your brain is working to get back on track, but it takes a long time.

I've been healthier since this happened to me than before, because I take better care of myself now.  I don't want to ever feel as sick as I did while on benzo's and in withdrawal, so don't worry this is causing other problems for you. 

I c/t from Klonopin eleven months ago. I thought, I was finished with all of the side effects except for not being able to sleep more then six hours at night..  Now, I feel like I have rug burns all over my back around my waist and the tops of my legs.  Also, I am losing my hair which really scares me - is it the result from all the months of stress the Benzo put me through?. Is anyone having these symptoms eleven months off????  Will the stress from coming off this drug eventually cause us to have other health problems?   These benzo's are insane!!! Nothing makes sense about them.  My prayers are with you - I know the HELL you are ALL going through. I have been there!!!!!!!  It does get BETTER even though I am having these other new symptoms. Hang in there!    Kimberly  :smitten:

kimberly good luck in your recovert..  Ihope the rug burns go away for you.  You will be felling better everyday.  i WILL pray for you now...Keep positive and stay srtong. 

Luv,

Mishi

Hi Mishi,

I notice you seem more upbeat these days.  That is good and I think that would make you feel better also? 

I find keeping busy helps a lot and if I think I am having a symptom, I shrug it off....although as of now I don't think I have had any?  I will be benzo free one week tomorrow.  I continue to take welbrutin as bb told me not to taper two medications at one time.

This too shall pass.

Gail  "Thunder"

since you cold-turkey'd, yes, I do relate to your situation. Never had much in the way of physical symptoms, save eye tics, intercostal muscle spasms, and feelings of being electricuted from inside, sometimes to the extent that my head shook. This was disabling.

Like you, I hate this stuff and some of the doctors who, today, after over a decade of negative press, claim that it is possible to taper from 1.5-2 mgs/day to nothing at all. Liars dead-set on protecting their licenses at all costs.

I'm so glad I found all of you! and so sorry to hear of all the w/d symtoms so far out after getting clean. I was on Lorazapam, 2 mg,  for 2 years and when I decided to get off benzos I had to shop around for a doctor who would help me. I was put on 1 mg of Clonazapam and I soon dry cut down to .75 mg and began titrating. It took me from Jan 26th to July 19th to titrate down and finally jump off!! (yay) Since that time I've experienced horrible headaches, peeling facial skin, eruptions on my face, extreme soreness of neck, shoulders hips and feet. My limbs have sore lumps accumulated where I have had old injuries in the past. My blood pressure goes up and down and the anxiety, at times, is much worse. These withdrawls seem to be worse than they were when I was titrating down. What helps?  Hot showers, stretching exercises, Bach flower remedy (homeopathic) and getting busy. The more I sit and am immobile the sorer I get. I'm not complaining at all--I'm really happy that it is all over and I can wait for healing to take place. Just thought I'd lay down all of my w/d symtoms to see if I'm not alone in this. I love you all for posting; reading these helps me cope.

Hello rebeccaj,

I can relate to all you described, but especially to the "old injury" area(s) issue. Where ever i have experienced an injury or trauma, that area is either very sore under the skin or very sensitive and painful to the touch on the outside? I have a bad surfing scar from 1985 that had been looong since healed and not really an issue until my detox off of clonazepam. Now it feels as though the internal (stitched) area is fresh and the tissue is now healing all over again - WTH??

Also have now started a serious head sinus infection - ear(s), eyes, gum sores... so crazy after seven months of continuous improvement. Now seems I am going so fast backwards?? Very discouraged.

I'm so sorry Moon Crater! I know how disappointing the pain can be but we just have to push through and hope that tomorrow is better. I try to be kind to myself and treat myself good. Like next week I'm going for a massage. Today after doing a couple of errands I felt like I needed to sleep 8 hrs again. My ars was a draggin'. I hope you hang in there and remember the worst day off the benzos is better than the best day on them.

Good, positive attitude and much appreciated. I am doing the absolute best that I can to push forward and reward myself with the notion that it will get better than ever before!!

Just sometimes I have to take a few breaths and calm down to realize TIME is all that works in this process. I have learned that for sure  :thumbsup:

Woodrowe,  I was so worried about you when I didn't see you posting.  I am so glad you checked in - and to know your still hanging in there.  My year will be up August 8Th and I was doing pretty well - now I have anxiety, tightness in the chest for the last three days - it gets discouraging.  But  your right,  I was a train wreck and this is so so much better that's for sure.  Are you over the worst of it? what are your symptoms?  Are you back at work?  Thank you for your encouragement - we all sure need that thats for sure. My prayers are with you!  :)  Kimberly