Valium Dosing

[d0...]

[d0...]

I have been told that as long as you get your dosing within the hour, you will be okay.

My valium dosing schedule is like this-

1:00-2:00 am -15mg

7:30-8:30 am - 3mg

2:30-3:30pm - 5mg

I know it's important to keep blood levels steady, but is it okay to take it between the hours like this?

There's been a few times I have taken it like an hour later, for example, the 1:00-2:00 dose, sometimes take it at 3:00 am but by mistake.

Thanks.

Sigma,

There should be no worries with Valium because of it's long half-life.  Even if you were 2 hours behind, it would not make much difference.

Just try to take your dose as scheduled, and you should be fine.

Sigma,

There should be no worries with Valium because of it's long half-life.  Even if you were 2 hours behind, it would not make much difference.

Just try to take your dose as scheduled, and you should be fine.

Like Missy said, even with Klonopin's shorter half-life, being even several hours off isn't going to make a serious difference. It doesn't have to be perfect.

[d0...]

Thank you guys so much.

I need to stabilize some.

I get so anxious and confused with this sometimes.

I fear that my blood levels will go out of whack and cause a seizure or panic attack.

I need to calm down.

Sigma, sounds like your schedule is just fine...and yes, I miss my dose sometimes and have even taken it 2-3 hours past the time I SHOULD take it...and I don't find it affects me at all.  You're doing great.  :thumbsup:

All the best,

Schatje

[d0...]

Schatje,

Thank you.

I see you're almost off, congrats to you! Anyone who can get off this stuff deserves a medal.

What I'm going to have to do is up dose to 25mg and then start cutting 1mg every 14 days, just no way around that.

My doc will have to give me the 2mg and 5mg pills, as I have been working with 10mg and it cannot be done.. not in my case.

I have always changed my dosing schedules throughout this maze, but I'm going to have to get set.

For a long time, the lower I got.. the better I felt, lately, not the case, and I know it's withdrawal, but I need the 2mg and 5mg pills.

No way around that.

Yes me too. Have been at 7.5 to 10 mg Valium for weeks and feel horrible when I go down. I know one is not supposed to prolong and I don't want to prolong. My MD says it can't be this hard and it's in my head.

[d0...]

Yes me too. Have been at 7.5 to 10 mg Valium for weeks and feel horrible when I go down. I know one is not supposed to prolong and I don't want to prolong. My MD says it can't be this hard and it's in my head.

Fliprain,

How are you tapering?

I don't care what my MD says, he's not in my shoes! He couldn't last in my shoes.

Your MD is wrong to say it's in your head.

Sigma,

Not sure what you mean exactly by how I'm tapering. Sudden detox from alcohol and 25 mg Valium and had seizures, hallucinations etc.  Worst days of my life! MD put me back on 20 mg Valium. Every two weeks we went down by 5 mg. Upon reaching 10 mg I stalled out. Lowest I've been able to do in 24 hour period is 7.5. That's been for the last two months and all these seemingly neurological symptoms have shown up.

You know before I found this site I was ready to give up and just stay on Valium forever. Reading success stories has been so valuable. Now I now it really can be done. Still scared to death and basically not functioning. Thanks for asking!

[d0...]

Sigma,

Not sure what you mean exactly by how I'm tapering. Sudden detox from alcohol and 25 mg Valium and had seizures, hallucinations etc.  Worst days of my life! MD put me back on 20 mg Valium. Every two weeks we went down by 5 mg. Upon reaching 10 mg I stalled out. Lowest I've been able to do in 24 hour period is 7.5. That's been for the last two months and all these seemingly neurological symptoms have shown up.

You know before I found this site I was ready to give up and just stay on Valium forever. Reading success stories has been so valuable. Now I now it really can be done. Still scared to death and basically not functioning. Thanks for asking!

I see.

Yes, you can get off the valium.

I'm sorry about what you had to go through.

[d0...]

Well I changed my dosing times today..

1:00am 15mg

7:30am 3mg

1:00pm 5mg

I hope changing the schedule is okay.

I will keep this schedule as is.

Is this okay?

I still get the same mg.

I think we all obsess about the dosing and times and stuff. When the clocks went back in October, I almost had a heart attack and started moving my doses back ten minutes at a time for two weeks o_O BENZO NUTZO!

*hug* feel better soon

S#,

Its a plan. Only you know what needs to be done. Let me know how it works for you.

Your in my thoughts,

Your friend, Linda

[d0...]

Yes but my dosing went from

3:00am to 1:00am

10:30am to 7:30am

3:00pm to 1:00pm

That's a big change, so I don't know if that's okay or not.

Well, some take it all at once and is okay, so I guess it's ok

Sigma you are definitely obsessing a little here. I know you are feeling really lousy and that's why you are worried about it, believe me I've been there, but I see no reason to be. As long as you are getting the same amount in a 24 hour period... In horrendous w/d I split my dose of Klonopin from 1x/day to 3x/day just to try and keep my blood levels more even with no ill effects.

[d0...]

Sigma you are definitely obsessing a little here. I know you are feeling really lousy and that's why you are worried about it, believe me I've been there, but I see no reason to be. As long as you are getting the same amount in a 24 hour period... In horrendous w/d I split my dose of Klonopin from 1x/day to 3x/day just to try and keep my blood levels more even with no ill effects.

Xeno,

So you don't think my blood levels will change much?

I think as long as you get the amount within 24 hrs. I'm fine.

I just need some opinions.

My thinking isn't right of course.

The Klonopin I went through the same, I had 6 doses a day then.

Thanks.

Xeno,

So you don't think my blood levels will change much?

I think as long as you get the amount within 24 hrs. I'm fine.

I just need some opinions.

My thinking isn't right of course.

The Klonopin I went through the same, I had 6 doses a day then.

Thanks.

No worries, that's what we're here for, opinions when your thinking isn't right. Yes, I think you are totally fine. I would only suggest maybe you even out your dosing a little more (don't take the bulk at once), unless you tried it and it gives you bad insomnia, for me I don't find evening dosing to help my insomnia at all.

[d0...]

My last dose doesn't help sleep either.

I have to wait until I'm naturally tired.

But my last dose never helped insomnia much, strange stuff.

So why do you take the bulk 15mg at once?

[d0...]

you have a point. I think I should spread that out, maybe?

you have a point. I think I should spread that out, maybe?

Yes... might help a tiny bit in the long run to keep them as even as possible. Again though, nothing to obsess over, the key thing here with Valium especially is to keep your dose the same per 24 hour period.

Hi Sigma,

Although vallium has a very long half-life if you want to optimize what you are doing it wouldnt hurt to even out the dose amounts along with the intervals between doses.  I have found if I take the dose with food it also helps even things out but Im talking short half-life Ativan not vallium.

Let us know how it goes.

PS -- I don't go by times really, I take one dose when I wake up, one before bed, and one as in between as possible, usually around 4pm.

[d0...]

David,

I did honestly sneak a few doses in between like that.

Being epileptic, we do need to watch how we dose, I think that is what scares me the most.

Xeno,

I understand. Many ppl say they just dose when they get up and so on throughout the day however, especially with Klonopin or Valium.

I read this in a post before.

Thanks you guys for the help.

I'm glad I did not go to 20mg of Klonopin like my Neuro. wanted me to at one time.

It's awful coming off this, couldn't imagine 20mg of Klonopin.

Sigma,

Your doctor reccommended 20mg of K.  OMG, is that even possible?????  I know being at 6mg, where I was, was a very hefty hefty dose.  I, of course, didnt know at the time.  WOW!!  I am happy you didnt follow doctors orders.

Hang in there friend!!

Renee