Head Pressure

[ca...]

[ca...]

I'm about 4 months off, and have had scary head pressure lately.  It feels like the front of my head is being squeezed in a vice.  It also feels like my eyes might pop out of my head!  Sometimes it gives me weird head/visual sensations - almost like tunnel vision.  Anyone have experience with this? Is this common for withdrawal? I've had it on and off since stopping benzos, but it seems to be more pronounced lately.

Thanks everyone!

Hi fieldy. 

Yup Ive had horrendous head pressure when I was tapering (about half way through)  I have also seen a lot of folks discuss it.  When I mentioned it to my dr at the time, she told me it was almost like a horrendous tension headache..you know how our muscles contract and get really tight in our bodies?  well she said thats the same thing going on with the muscles of the head and face.  It made sense to me.

So hang in there, this SX will eventually improve for you, but I know it sucks really bad in the meantime.

Hugs

Mark

[ca...]

Mark,

Thank you! That makes a ton of sense actually. I've had a resurfacing of "vibrations" and tremors this past week too...perhaps these are related symptoms? I appreciate the info very much. 

Hope you are doing well, Mark :)

Nicole

I think the head stuff is related to benzo withdrawal - I've had the head pressure all over, first in my temples, then forehead, then at times in my jaw and ears.  Lots of sinus pressure, swelling, etc.  I recently had a CT scan and an MRI and they came back negative.  Probably the benzos causing your pain, but for peace of mind if it continues, go see a doc.  I rarely have the head pain anymore (but have numerous other symptoms).  Ears and jaw still gives me trouble.

[ca...]

Rico,

Thanks for your answer, but now I'm scared out of my mind. Between the lack of responses and suggestion of scans I'm losing it.  I don't want to die. I hope very much that this is benzo related.  My doc is aware of my tumor fears and has done several neurological tests to check for them. She has always told me that no scans were needed as my neuro tests and reflex/reaction times were fine.

Ugh. I hate this.

Oh MY Gosh

I have it and it is brutal. My teeth on one side kill me daily, the head pressure does affect my eyesight, my ears feel full, it is brutal, thats how I sum it up. Bless us All

Belle

I believe the head pressure is normal withdrawal, I had this pretty bad at times too. To me it felt like my head was a lead balloon if that makes sense.  :balloon:

I've had the head pressure all over, first in my temples, then forehead, then at times in my jaw and ears. 

This is exactly what I get the first few days after a cut. All I want to do is lay my head down and go to sleep. I don't know if tylonel would help, seeing as I haven't tried it, but I just might when I feel that way again.

Its withdrawal.  Don't worry yourself about it anymore.  Its just a symptom.  I get it quite a lot.  Most of the time it is in the morning when I wake up.  I think it is due mostly to me clinching my jaw when I sleep at night.  It will get better.  Just try your best to ignore it.  Head pressure is still one of my top 2 symptoms...

exactly it is withdrawal..just like how withdrawal affects our other muscles in our body, like I said it also affects the muscles in the face and head and causes that feeling...this is the way it was explained to me anyhow...but the way I see it, if the WD can do it to our other muscles it can certainly do it to the muscles around the skull and face...it is a horrible feeling though :(

Hope u feel better

Hey Mark,

It being muscles, makes a lot of sense. Sometimes it feels like a band around my head. That must be the muscles contracting. If I rub my temples it gets better.

Fieldy, I hope your head is feeling better today. :)