anxiety has come back pretty strong

[...]

I have a question??

I haven't had anxiety since September, and over the last week I feel the same as the sick person I was, before benzo's though.  I have a feeling that this anxiety is not benzo related, and is just the anxiety I had before them.

Do anxiety disorders pass with time??  I did have some obessesive thoughts that did produce the anxiety so that may make it benzo related.  I just don't want to have to deal with a anxiety order forever.  It's been so long since I've felt anxiety, this is horrible...

You're still early off, it is quite normal to still feel anxiety at 5 months.

How long has it been happening?

How intense is it compared to the worst it has every been?

This all started occur since the beginning of July, and it's so weird I haven't had this anxiety in forever.

The anxiety isn't as bad as when I tried to taper of xanax, then I was having anxiety attacks.  Now its the exact same it was before I got on the xanax, its feels like dejavu.  It's starts at anxiety, and I have had a couple of panic attacks over the last week as well.  Then when it goes away I get this awful feeling in the back of my head.

it's been less than two weeks, it could well just be a wave, or like you said, the underlying anxiety you had before.  If it's not compromising your ability to live then I am sure there are many techniques you could learn to help control/manage it.

If it is an underlying condition, it might be good to see it the same way as someone with a physical disability does, i.e a hindrance that must be lived with and find ways of working around it.

Hi kd35

I had anxiety before, during and now while tapering off of benzo's. I had it for 10 years. Sometimes I get scared that I will have it for my whole life. I don't want benzo's back cause they helped me just one year. And this anxiety I have during taper is more intense and last longer.

As my Dr said only we can help us with our anxiety. Non of the meds will. So maybe it is a good time now to take some self-help book, which you can find a lot. Then you can try some of the help techniques and find what is best for you. Probably you still have anxiety due to w/d but if you truly understand nature of that disorder you can beet it by yourself. I learn a lot how to deal with my anxiety and panic attach which I have when my anxiety is very high. I read a lot self help books. The most important is to know what is happening to you when you have anxiety and one of the best cure is acceptance and truly believing that nothing will happen to you. If you are interested I can recommend you some books. I don't want to be boring writing many times names of this books but if you want I will post it.

Marija