Panic Attack

[Ma...]

Hello

How strong are yours panic attacks. I had them before start tapering benzo but now this is unbearable. I think I will pass out. First time I wasn't sure it was panic attack but now I think that is 99%. Now they are more intense, like my heart will explode, can't breath, and feel so week, almost pass out. That what was happened today on the way home from a store. I was so excited while I was going there (10 min maybe), usually I get when I had to go somewhere alone. I finished quickly what I had to do and on the way back home pa hits me. I try all techniques I know but nothing worked till I get home. I know it was panic attack but I can't bear it. Still have slight chest pain 15 min after panic stopped. I don't want to get agoraphobic again but on the other hand I can't go out of my house cause I am scared to death, especially alone.

Please I need some of your experience. I am scared to death. I will not be normal person ever again.

Marija

One thing that is good to remember is that panic attacks are harmless. I know that's hard to think about when it's happening but try to remember that.

One thing that I'm enjoying now that I'm off benzos is that I no longer have panic attacks, the drug was actually causing them. This could very well be the same for you.

If you're interested in a good book to read, "Hope and Help For Your Nerves" by Claire Weeks is mentioned a lot and recommended to understand and cope with anxiety and panic.

Thanks Star

I will look for that book. I need someone to tell me is this really panic attack and how to deal with it. Last time I almost pass out. I had them hundred times before but nothing like this. Please help me. I don't want to stay at home all the time. I can't control my excitement when I had to go somewhere alone and then it ended as horrible nightmare. I am still alive and know much about panic attacks and how they will not kill me. I stopped having them cause I learn how to accept them and they gone, but now I can't cope with them.  Sorry if I sound like a broken record but I am so upset and scared. I don't know what to do if this happen again. I know breathing techniques, accepting, switch thoughts to something else, not adding extra fear on panic but I feel like nothing of this will not help me. So desperate now  :'(. I so close to take meds all over again cause I had never have such horrible feeling.

Marija

I just want to cry and cry now. I have family a kid to take care of. How to do that while I can't go out of home.

Marija

[c0...]

Panic Attacks are harmless, I have had grand mal panic attacks what I call them, they were so bad.

Fight or flight response.

I stopped having them as well until this Benzo stuff. I have had a few, and I tell myself they will not kill me.

Hang in there.

S#

Thanks Sigma

Why I can't accept them now like before. Acceptance push them away. Why nothing works now? Now I still have that chest pain of all tension. Will I be normal person again. I am still on taper and know I have lot till the end but I am not sure I will reach goal.

Thanks

Marija

I sincerely believe that you will feel better once you're off the drug. Panic attacks are common in withdrawal so all of this will pass. Keep up with your taper, please don't reinstate because unfortunately it will only work for you temporarily and you'll keep needing more and more. You'll be fine Marry  :therethere:

Have you had your thyroid checked?  

I sincerely believe that you will feel better once you're off the drug. Panic attacks are common in withdrawal so all of this will pass. Keep up with your taper, please don't reinstate because unfortunately it will only work for you temporarily and you'll keep needing more and more. You'll be fine Marry  :therethere:

Thank you so much  :thumbsup:

I wish to be off of drug but in the human nature is to help them self how they can. In this modern times people ask for quick way for relieve the pain and that are usually and unfortunately drug. I hope I will get through this and not reach for extra dose of benzo. Fear is the worst thing, he keep us to be like this. I am still so afraid even if I write some encouraging and positive thoughts.

Sorry for my English and hope I write understandably  ;D

Marija

My daughter ask me to go to the beach now. Oh my God. How can I go anywhere. She is on summer holiday and I can't make her happy. I will not survive one more pa's today (not that I will die), I still feel bad from the last one. Burning skin sensations, feel like I have flu and fever. Feel so much guilt cause I can be here for my kid who I love the most. I am so bad person. What if I never get through this and my child start to hate me one day. She knows to say something like 'mum is sick....she is not going with me and dad cause she's not feel well......she never goes with us...' This makes me so so sad  :(  :'(

Sorry for talking much about my life.

Marija

PS I just read now that you can pass out when having a panic attack. I am freak out. This was exactly like I will pas out. How to control that. Please help

Have you had your thyroid checked? 

I didn't check. I can't go anywhere now. But I am sure this is a panic attack cause I had them only out of my house or my safe zone. Scare is that they don't look like pa's before or during use of benzo.

Marija