Claritin (Loratadine) and benzo w/d??

[Zu...]

I'm about 5 1/2 months off Ativan and allergies have kicked in full force.  Has anyone used Claritin (non-drowsy) for allergies during w/d without any major revving up of symptoms?  I actually have the generic of Claritin, non-drowsy Loratadine.  It is just plain Loratadine w/out any pseudoephedrine.

Just curious.  Hang in there, everyone. 

Funny this should come up.  My allergies were horrible today.  I find Claritin helpful for allergies, and I have not had any problems with it during withdrawals.

Draftsman

I used it on a couple of occasions just after my taper finished and didn't have any issues with it at all.

Hope you feel better soon  :)

I have very bad allergies and take daily Loratadine and have for years. I have not noticed any negative side effects from it.

Unless it was the Claritin causing all my problems all along! Ah ha!

No, probably just the benzos.

:pokey:

I braved a Claratin for some really bad allergies a few months ago. Not only did it not help, but that night was terrible, and I was slammed with horrendous w/d for weeks starting the next day. Coincidence I don't know, but I will tell you I would definitely not give it another try if you paid me!

I'm about 5 1/2 months off Ativan and allergies have kicked in full force.  Has anyone used Claritin (non-drowsy) for allergies during w/d without any major revving up of symptoms?  I actually have the generic of Claritin, non-drowsy Loratadine.  It is just plain Loratadine w/out any pseudoephedrine.

Just curious.  Hang in there, everyone. 

Congrats on being benzo free :thumbsup:

I'm in the midst of tapering and have taken Loradatine (among other things) without any issues.