Instand Morning Nerves

[Sc...]

Hi Guys,

I know this happens to A LOT of us, so I'm not here to ask if this is normal..but I am getting more and more of the morning anxiety.  It doesn't help that I don't sleep a well now.  It's just so instant.  It's like the second my eyes open and I realize I'm awake, I get slammed with instant anxiety, gas pains and depressive thoughts.  It does pass at some point but it can take the entire morning some days.  Just one more thing for the list of s/x.  lol

Does anyone have any tips w/ how to deal w/ that morning rush of anxiety/nerves/depression?

Hugs to all

Schatje

Get up as soon as you can. Don't stay long after wake up in bed. Try some muscle stretching, take a shower and try do something, not to be bored. Talk with someone. And try to accept as much as you can.That is how I deal with it. Morning anxiety is the worst and the most intense.

Marija

Get up as soon as you can. Don't stay long after wake up in bed. Try some muscle stretching, take a shower and try do something, not to be bored. Talk with someone. And try to accept as much as you can.That is how I deal with it. Morning anxiety is the worst and the most intense.

Marija

Great suggestions  :thumbsup:

If you can go for a walk that might help out too.

Morning anxiety is my main nemesis now 3 months out.  If I have bad morning anxiety waking up it basically dictates how my day will go which is not that great.  From what I have read, this is a problem that a lot of us benzo withdrawal sufferers share.  One that I will be glad I am wiping my hands clean of one day!  Just try and not get to bogged down in the thoughts.  I am going through a bad wave right now myself and this morning I woke up to the dreaded morning feeling you described.  I thought best to just stay in bed and call in sick to work.  Had talked myself into that while I layed there about 10 minutes.  Then I just said to myself, "no".  Got up, took a shower and went to work.  I wish I could learn how to just accept it like so many people talk about...  Hopefully this will get easier the further we get out.

I think we will all agree mornings are the WORST.  Just to give some encouragement, it gets progressively better.  During my first 2 months I used to listen to Positive Affirmation CDs every morning.

Thanks guys,

Fortunately for me, I have a 7 year old daughter who relies on me each morning, so i have no choice but to get up and face the day.  And I walk her to school each day which forces me outside....but it's a struggle most day.  The big one for me will be keeping up some sort of routine w/ her now that she just started school vacation.  Luckily if I have a bad morning, it doesn't seem to mean that I'll have a bad day...it does get better a lot of days...it's just not a nice way to wake up.  It's like I open my eyes and feel instant gloom.  But I'm sure that will pass. :)

Love,

Schatje

Thanks guys,

Fortunately for me, I have a 7 year old daughter who relies on me each morning, so i have no choice but to get up and face the day.  And I walk her to school each day which forces me outside....but it's a struggle most day.  The big one for me will be keeping up some sort of routine w/ her now that she just started school vacation.  Luckily if I have a bad morning, it doesn't seem to mean that I'll have a bad day...it does get better a lot of days...it's just not a nice way to wake up.  It's like I open my eyes and feel instant gloom.  But I'm sure that will pass. :)

Love,

Schatje

The more you get use to it the sooner will disappear. Maybe not disappear but you will not pay much attention to that. More you take care more power you give to that anxiety. I have 9 years old daugther. Now she is on summer holiday but it is better when you have to get up not to stay in bed and think bad thoughts, or 'What if?' thoughts. So try not to stay long in bed after wake up no matter how anxious you feel. We feel worse in the morning cause adrenalin rush through our body to wake up us. In the evening you are more relax cause you co-consciously know that you don't need to face with your daily fears and you know that that day is over so nothing can happen. I know that a lot of anxiety is due to w/d but also I think that is lot of in our mind.

Take care

Marija

I know what all of you mean about morning anxiety. If I could feel in the morning the way I feel by the end of the day the night before, I'd be content. I think maybe adrenalin and cortisol go up in the night and want to be your best buddy the next morning and as long into the day as you'll allow. I used to be able to ditch the anxiety by mid-afternoon till I developed some actual "real" medical problems to go along with the mess that this small amount of Benzo has caused in my life. But, now I'm pretty much wired all day till late - very late - at night. But it's so bad in the morning that when I go to sleep at night I'm already dreading having to wake up. I'm also facing stomach surgery soon which isn't helping anything.

My morning anxiety ALWAYS lasts as long as I stay in bed. If I try to go back to sleep or lounge in the bed, it stays. If I get up and get moving, it starts to subside more quickly. That's the only advice I have. Let me know if you learn any other tricks!

My morning anxiety was horrific a few months ago and it is bad again now that I am in a wave.  It did feel worse for me the longer I laid in bed upon awakening. A lot of it has to deal with our hormone levels, blood sugar, and anticipatory anxiety.  There is a good stickied thread in this board for morning anxiety tips.