sex drive little ejaculation Men I need some help

I have a problem that I am embarsed to talk about.  I have been to drs and they can not find anything wrong with me.  I was on 5 mg xanax, 10mg valium and 20 mg lexipro per day for 2 1/2 years.  I quite cold turkey almost 2 years ago and still have severe problems. Sex is one of the biggest ones that bothers me.  beside my blurry vision my ears ringing and much more.  Anyway here it is. I have no sex drive.  and the thing that scares me the most about the sex is when I orgasim I have very little ejaculation and no force.  Im am really scared I have hurt my body for ever.. almost 2 years now.  I dont know if I should pump my body with test or LH.  I do not think it is good for my body to keep going a long time this way.  Man in a bad spot. Has anyone seen this problem? Has anyone Had this problem?  If so Please help.  

Hi want:

Since benzos impact so many things, it makes sense that they would impact sexual functioning in men too.  I do feel this has been the case for me, although things continue to improve quite nicely.  However, my situation is complicated due to additional problems with Lexapro, which just killed my libido.  If it's benzo withdrawal things should improve with time.  If you haven't already done so, you may want to see a Urologist and have a Cystoscopy done just to be sure all is well.  I've had this done due to kidney stones.  I would think you need to give this time to see where it goes.  Try not to worry too much about it until you get farther out in your recovery.

Could I please ask that you add a signature line with your info so people can better respond to your posts.  Thanks!

best,

Draftsman

like I said I have been to the dr and they have tested me for a lot of things and can not find anything wrong.  I have had a sonogram done to see if any obstruction was there and nothing found. My test levels are at 580. WNL.  Im sure its the drugs but what worries me is it almost 2 years since everything has been working right and I thinking I should intervene.  I dont know if I keep waiting is good for my body to go that long without things working.  Has anyone had this? or have any Ideas?

The psych drugs really messed me up in that department. Been off for close to 6 months and although it is hard to tell where I stand now since I'm still not really able to get back into the social scene like I should, from what I can tell it seems like I'm still not my old self as far as that is concerned. The benzo killed all other forms of pleasure for me so it makes sense that it is going to numb you down sexually as well.

I had the same problem and did research on it about a year ago. I can tell you what worked for me but can't say it will for you. I've also suggested this to other guys and it worked for them but again no promises.

Every day I take L-Arginine 2x, Lysine and Zinc once daily and drink a lot of water. Both your libido and ejaculate should come back to normal levels or exceed what you remember. For me it took about 2 days. Try it for a week and see if it changes.

The bonus for me is that both Zinc and Lysine work on your immune system and I haven't had a cold or the flu since I've started taking them. I'm more than happy with the results.  :thumbsup:

Hope that helps you out. 

Arginine definitely works. I threw away all of my supplements when I realized I was in WD but when I was taking it I noticed a huge difference  :thumbsup:

Arginine is for the libido portion, Lysine and Zinc helps the ejaculate levels. I haven't noticed a difference with or without the supplements for WD, but I'm still a couple of months at least from my last dose.

Arginine definitely works. I threw away all of my supplements when I realized I was in WD but when I was taking it I noticed a huge difference  :thumbsup:

Hey there,

I'm sorry that you are having to deal with this.  Sexual issues seem to be rather common for both men and women.  There is nothing from your description that benzo withdrawal couldn't account for, and if you have already had everything else checked out, then benzo withdrawal seems to be what is left to explain it.  If it is the withdrawal, then things will heal on their own and no damage will be done by being in this state for as long as this symptom lasts.  I hope you feel better, soon.

Arginine increases blood flow. That's why it is beneficial as a bodybuilding supplement in addition to helping circulate things "down there".

it is very normal what is happening to you as remember people with sex addiction's what do you think they give them to discourage their libido... high dose of lexapro pedophiles get a mixture of anti depressant and other stuff to make it hard for them to even think cause the whole experience of trying to orgasm is just to hard to takes to long...  I am on lexapro at moment and Valium weening down and libido is crap, if i do have sex i have no energy to be a super star, and when i do get to the final bit with great hardship bugger all comes out and the so called great feeling that is meant to happen is not really there,,,, before benzos i would blow a hole in the wall , sorry ladies that may be reading this.

it is very normal what is happening to you as remember people with sex addiction's what do you think they give them to discourage their libido... high dose of lexapro pedophiles get a mixture of anti depressant and other stuff to make it hard for them to even think cause the whole experience of trying to orgasm is just to hard to takes to long...  I am on lexapro at moment and Valium weening down and libido is crap, if i do have sex i have no energy to be a super star, and when i do get to the final bit with great hardship bugger all comes out and the so called great feeling that is meant to happen is not really there,,,, before benzos i would blow a hole in the wall , sorry ladies that may be reading this.

No offense taken.  I'm a woman and have the same problem - huge problem achieving an orgasm and when they do visit they aren't that strong and I'm pretty weak anyway to get in to it.  Before going on Vicodin for pain and reinstating Valium I was a sex machine!  I'm 49 so I'm going though that hormonal horror too so it doesn't help.  If it weren't for the drugs I'd be wearing my Hubby out like I was before.

And guys - age has allot to do with it - the older you get the less ejaculate you'll have and that's a fact.

This sucks - I miss the physical closeness/intimacy and of course the over the moon sex.

Sara

I haven't had any problems in that area yet but with benzo w/d it seems that new symptoms can keep popping up so who knows. Now with all of the intense anxiety and fear that comes with w/d I have had problems thinking I'm going to have a heart attack (yes, I'm serious) so I'm hardly 100%.

I'm sorry that you're still suffering so far out want, it really is a terrible thing that these drugs do to us. I hope that you feel better soon friend. Take care.

Jeff M.

• 2 weeks later...
Just to give you an update.  I went to the doctor and he put me on test even though my test levels are normal 580.  It has helped greatly with the energy level. I'm up 100%. Most the time I wanted to sleep. Hard to do anything. But with the test I'm wanting to work out and go do shit again.  It has not helped with the ejaculation, blurry vision, ringing in the ears, numbness around my tongue, and others things. But I have erection all the time now, and have the old desire to be sexual. Its not the same all the way but to have some of the old me back is good. Maybe with the working out and being active. I will recover faster.  I hope. Living Hell. I tried the Argintine and that did not work for me.    

Even though I am very conscious these days about what I allow to be put in my body, there is a good chance that I might look into testosterone supplementation sometime in the future.