Alpha-Stim SCS

[p2...]

Hi all,

I want to tell you about a medical device called Alpha-Stim that I've been using for about a year now.

Perhaps you've heard about it before. It requires a prescription from your Doctor and it costs $500.00.

It is usually prescribed for the treatment of anxiety, depression, and insomnia. I've found that it is a "God send"

in coping with my withdrawals from benzo's. I highly recommend it !  I'll type the info here from the literature that

comes with the unit. Quote The Alpha- Stim SCS treats anxiety with tiny electrical currents similar to those found naturally

in the body, using a method called cranial electrotherapy stimulation ( CES ). The treatment is simple. The current is applied

by easy-to-use clip electrodes that attach to your ear lobes. You may feel a slight tingling sensation under the electrodes, but it

is not necessary to feel this in order to achieve results. Most people feel nothing at all except positive results. Many people experience

a feeling that their bodies are lighter, while thinking is clearer and more creative. The Alpha-Stim SCS empowers you to control

your anxiety. Used just 20 to 60 minutes every day, every other day, or on an as-needed basis, it can help induce a relaxed state

and enable the user to focus attention on the task at hand. The Alpha-Stim SCS is well tolerated and very safe in contrast to drugs

used in the treatment of anxiety, many of which have been proven to have undesirable side effects, can be addictive and even leave

the drug user in a stupor. Unlike drugs, the Alpha-Stim SCS leaves the mind alert. The person undergoing CES treatment will often

report a pleasant, relaxed feeling of well being. Anxiety reduction is usually experienced during treatment, but may be seen hours

later, or as late as one day after treatment. Alpha-Stim SCS produces a relaxed, yet alert state. As a result, the Alpha-Stim SCS is

perfect for clinical or home use.

p28800

Thanks for the info, p28800.

At first I was skeptical but after reading a few articles about Cranial Electric Stimulation (CES), there seems to be considerable evidence that these type of devices can help relieve depression.  I imagine if I looked further I would find scientific articles about the effect on anxiety and insomnia since all three are FDA-approved uses for the devices (Alpha-Stim is one brand but there are others).  Pretty pricey but might be worth it for some people.

[3f...]